Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 27-01-2018, 07:52 PM   #51
cipriani
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M300JDG View Post
Iím probably not going to order from IW again, waited weeks for my order of Diablo and it turned up in a flimsy plastic jar which must be about the cheapest you can get away with, labels all faded and looked like they were printed on a home printers, the wax itself had shrunk and had started cracking. Just poor service and poor quality all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am very surprised by your comments, The packaging used isnt some cheap version we've brewed up just for you but industry standard and used by almost everyone that needs that type of enclosure, be it the car care industry, cosmetics and so on.

Our labelling is also done by the UK's leading label manufacturer and are actually hot foil pressed. So metallic substrate with printing over that. Angel wax use the same as to G techinq and many others.

I cant comment on your individual order as I dont know the specifics but it sounds like its been damaged, so I would appreciate if you did the regular thing and just contact us about it instead of making wild assumptions.
cipriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 08:06 PM   #52
great gonzo
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 3,255 Times in 2,416 Posts
I must agree with Infinity Wax, their product labelling has come a long way recently and I believe their labels are some of the best in the industry.
As for the wax it’s self I also have a little crack but by no way does it effect anything!
The company prides it’s self on great value products I believe it delivers.

Gonz.
great gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to great gonzo For This Useful Post:
cipriani (27-01-2018)
Old 28-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #53
Yellow Dave
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,123 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipriani View Post
The only way I can explain this possibly it was over applied? the original took 15 mins to cure but the new version is quite different in that respect with around 5 mins cure time. This has been thoroughly thoroughly tested.
Is it so oily in nature that the typical swipe test won't work? As that's what I tried to use at the time to see when it was ready to remove, as it was my first experience with the wax.

I'd like to think after the years of trying different waxes it's not over application. As I said I used it side by side with autofinesse fusion, a few weeks before with BH double speed wax and in2d ceramic wax and had no problem with over application.

I will try again and remove the panel in sections, as after washing the car today it appears to be performing fairly well
Yellow Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2018, 08:19 PM   #54
Leebo310

Quote:
I am very surprised by your comments, The packaging used isnt some cheap version we've brewed up just for you but industry standard and used by almost everyone that needs that type of enclosure, be it the car care industry, cosmetics and so on.

Our labelling is also done by the UK's leading label manufacturer and are actually hot foil pressed. So metallic substrate with printing over that. Angel wax use the same as to G techinq and many others.

I cant comment on your individual order as I dont know the specifics but it sounds like its been damaged, so I would appreciate if you did the regular thing and just contact us about it instead of making wild assumptions.

I’m not surprised by his comments at all as I’m still waiting on part of my order from the 1st of January. I did the decent thing of contacting you on multiple occasions to have you just ignore the mails, never answer your phone and eventually pass the blame for part of the order to dpd. And just to reiterate the parts of the order that did turn up took 3 weeks with zero communication or apologies for delays from yourselves.
I’m now still waiting for my 5ltrs of foam. Last Tuesday you were contacting dpd about it. On Thursday you had the item returned to you damaged, we’re now on the following Wednesday and you still haven’t even shipped my replacement.
You charge £5.99 for delivery and say next day dispatch then take over a month to fulfill the order.
Absolutely shocking service and I wouldn’t use your company again or recommend it to others.
Shame as you make some great products but your customer service is awful and downright rude.

As an update, you've ignored yet another message. You sent me something on Instagram yesterday, I replied straight away asking a simple question and you ignored it completely. It's fine coming on a public forum and stating to someone "I would appreciate if you did the regular thing and just contact us about it" yet it's a pretty hollow argument when you don't reply to 99% of the contact.
A Paypal case has now been opened, and unsurprisingly you've ignored that so far too.
Shockingly bad.

Last edited by Leebo310; 01-02-2018 at 09:39 AM.
Leebo310 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leebo310 For This Useful Post:
Blacky010_10 (08-02-2018), Hereisphilly (01-02-2018), M300JDG (31-01-2018)
Old 31-01-2018, 09:52 PM   #55
M300JDG
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:

I didnít make any wild assumptions, I am stating my opinion based on the product and service I received.
I have ordered over 35 waxes in the last 2 months and not one has a plastic pot as cheap feeling as yours so I reject that it is the industry standard. Your labels are not even close to the quality of the one on all of the products I have from Angelwax and I happy to post some comparison photos.
I havenít started a post to single you out for criticism I have added to a thread, clearly you donít appreciate it but thatís not my concern as I wonít be ordering again.

Cheers

M300JDG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M300JDG For This Useful Post:
Blacky010_10 (08-02-2018), Leebo310 (01-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 09:21 PM   #56
cipriani
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by M300JDG View Post
I didnít make any wild assumptions, I am stating my opinion based on the product and service I received.
I have ordered over 35 waxes in the last 2 months and not one has a plastic pot as cheap feeling as yours so I reject that it is the industry standard. Your labels are not even close to the quality of the one on all of the products I have from Angelwax and I happy to post some comparison photos.
I havenít started a post to single you out for criticism I have added to a thread, clearly you donít appreciate it but thatís not my concern as I wonít be ordering again.

Cheers

Interesting comparison on the labels, allow me to prove the above statement.

and again.. a single wall PET jar is incredibly common, im many industries not to mention durable.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:35 PM   #57
Yellow Dave

Thanked 1,407 Times in 1,123 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Dave View Post
Is it so oily in nature that the typical swipe test won't work? As that's what I tried to use at the time to see when it was ready to remove, as it was my first experience with the wax.

I'd like to think after the years of trying different waxes it's not over application. As I said I used it side by side with autofinesse fusion, a few weeks before with BH double speed wax and in2d ceramic wax and had no problem with over application.

I will try again and remove the panel in sections, as after washing the car today it appears to be performing fairly well
Any thoughts
Yellow Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 09:42 PM   #58
cipriani
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Dave View Post
Any thoughts
I used some a couple of days ago for a video, just a production pot off the shelf. The results are documented in the below video.
It can grab a little but thats down to the type of Si02 used, id like to think we have got this as good as it could be.

The Following User Says Thank You to cipriani For This Useful Post:
euge07 (05-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #59
cipriani
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo310 View Post
I’m not surprised by his comments at all as I’m still waiting on part of my order from the 1st of January. I did the decent thing of contacting you on multiple occasions to have you just ignore the mails, never answer your phone and eventually pass the blame for part of the order to dpd. And just to reiterate the parts of the order that did turn up took 3 weeks with zero communication or apologies for delays from yourselves.
I’m now still waiting for my 5ltrs of foam. Last Tuesday you were contacting dpd about it. On Thursday you had the item returned to you damaged, we’re now on the following Wednesday and you still haven’t even shipped my replacement.
You charge £5.99 for delivery and say next day dispatch then take over a month to fulfill the order.
Absolutely shocking service and I wouldn’t use your company again or recommend it to others.
Shame as you make some great products but your customer service is awful and downright rude.

As an update, you've ignored yet another message. You sent me something on Instagram yesterday, I replied straight away asking a simple question and you ignored it completely. It's fine coming on a public forum and stating to someone "I would appreciate if you did the regular thing and just contact us about it" yet it's a pretty hollow argument when you don't reply to 99% of the contact.
A Paypal case has now been opened, and unsurprisingly you've ignored that so far too.
Shockingly bad.

Steve..

To begin with, placing an order on the 1st January is great. However are you serious when you expected this to be shipped next day? The situation is that we opened again on Monday the 8th and worked through (as you can imagine) a large backlog. your order was shipped on the 18th, and you reported it damaged a couple of days later which we responded to and opened a DPD investigation into (pictured)

Now I appreciate your comment on passing blame however the journey from Scotland to Kent isnt made by us so I cannot take responsibility for how the package was treated, only claim back from DPD and resend the item.
In an ideal world this would be done without hesitation, unfortunately when the shipping portal doesn't give clear indication to where the item is we need to get a second opinion from the depot who kindly sent it back up. One of the reasons for being so thorough is the number of scammers out there, sad really.

Once returned in a plastic box that was marked that it came from Birmingham a member of staff put it down stairs in the bottling area due to leakages. Without paperwork or anything indicating where this came from they were confused. As you can imagine im quite busy most days, and the emails from you had stopped since initial contact and for some reason switched to instagram, a platform thats really only accessible from a phone. Although as i sure your aware your replacement has been sent.

I noticed you made a claim for the whole order despite having 70% of it which also set off alarm bells. I hope you can see this from my perspective.

Mike

Last edited by cipriani; 02-02-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:38 AM   #60
Leebo310

Quote:
Steve..

To begin with, placing an order on the 1st January is great. However are you serious when you expected this to be shipped next day? The situation is that we opened again on Monday the 8th and worked through (as you can imagine) a large backlog. your order was shipped on the 18th, and you reported it damaged a couple of days later which we responded to and opened a DPD investigation into (pictured)

Now I appreciate your comment on passing blame however the journey from Scotland to Kent isnt made by us so I cannot take responsibility for how the package was treated, only claim back from DPD and resend the item.
In an ideal world this would be done without hesitation, unfortunately when the shipping portal doesn't give clear indication to where the item is we need to get a second opinion from the depot who kindly sent it back up. One of the reasons for being so thorough is the number of scammers out there, sad really.

Once returned in a plastic box that was marked that it came from Birmingham a member of staff put it down stairs in the bottling area due to leakages. Without paperwork or anything indicating where this came from they were confused. As you can imagine im quite busy most days, and the emails from you had stopped since initial contact and for some reason switched to instagram, a platform thats really only accessible from a phone. Although as i sure your aware your replacement has been sent.

I noticed you made a claim for the whole order despite having 70% of it which also set off alarm bells. I hope you can see this from my perspective.

Mike

Wow, I do not know where to begin on this....

Quote:
Steve..

To begin with, placing an order on the 1st January is great. However are you serious when you expected this to be shipped next day? The situation is that we opened again on Monday the 8th and worked through (as you can imagine) a large backlog. your order was shipped on the 18th,
First off, no obviously I did not expect it to be shipped on the 2nd of January. I didn’t expect it to be shipped on the 3rd. I maybe expected it to be shipped on the 4th. If you weren’t back in until the 8th then that’s also fine, shipping on the 8th, 9th or 10th would’ve been ok. What I did not expect was to ship on the 18th, with no explanation of why the order has been delayed.
If you genuinely had so many orders that it took you 9 working days to actually ship my order then I believe the least you could have done was send a mail saying that you were working on the backlog.
Or answered any of the mails that I sent, asking where my order was.
Or answered the phone on the three separate occasions I called.
Or turned on an automatic reply saying that you were working on a backlog.
Or posted on Instagram/your website stating you were working through the backlog.
Or set an automatic reply that stated the office was closed until the 8th, when the order was placed.
Any of those things would have been acceptable, rather than the complete radio silence and just assuming everybody would be ok with such a delay and no communication.
If you honestly believe that was the correct way to treat your customers then fine, we clearly disagree on what constitutes acceptable customer service.

Quote:
and you reported it damaged a couple of days later which we responded to and opened a DPD investigation into (pictured)
Categorically not true. I reported it missing via email that day. You didn’t reply. I tried calling and again, no answer.

Quote:
the emails from you had stopped since initial contact and for some reason switched to instagram, a platform thats really only accessible from a phone.
Again, not true. I posted on Instagram on the 23rd of January as I saw activity on there so figured it was at least being monitored, unlike the email account or phone. Instagram is perfectly accessible on desktop/laptop/ipad for messaging. The only thing you need the phone for is to upload pictures as far as I’m aware.
Granted you responded also on the 23rd with “sorry we haven’t seen any of your emails, I will get this looked into asap!” Incidentally, you said you hadn’t had any emails yet you knew I’d reported it missing prior to Instagram? Strange but hey ho….
Later on that night, you then did email saying “thanks for letting us know about your order. We will need to check the DPD system and find out where this has gone and get back to you asap”

On the 29th of January, I had no reply or update from you so I then sent a direct message on Instagram (again as you’d responded on there and I didn’t want you to claim you weren’t receiving mails again). You replied to the direct message saying that the foam was returned to you last Thursday (25th of Jan) and you’ll “sort in the morning”
You informed me the label had been damaged in transit therefore you had no way of knowing whose it was. Even though I had informed you I hadn’t received my foam, or that the DPD trackable service you’d paid for should’ve surely been able to confirm that one of my two packages hadn’t been delivered. I guess not….

Again, I accepted that and just waited for my foam, assuming it was then shipped that morning (the 30th)

Nothing turned up on the 31st. I messaged again, you then told me the foam is “ready for collection”. I asked where from and you then again didn’t reply.

On the 1st of Feb, still nothing had turned up, I messaged asking “any update today please?” you replied saying you’d grab my tracking number, I asked when it was shipped and then again you didn’t reply.

2nd of February, I still hadn’t had my foam, or my tracking reference that you were “going to grab” or any further communication from you.
Finally late on the afternoon of the 2nd I get a text from DPD telling me the item will be delivered on the 5th, again though not even a courtesy email from yourself to apologise or anything like that.

Even if we ignore all the parts prior to DPD damaging the foam etc, it means from me telling you I was missing foam on the 19th, to you getting my damaged bottle back on the 25th to me actually getting my foam it has taken you a further 9 days to even ship a replacement, and lied twice in that time as to when you actually had done this. I do not think I’m alone in thinking that is massively unreasonable.

Quote:
70%? Two out of three items have been delivered yes, but value wise I’m missing half of my order, more if you include the postage costs. I only opened a claim as hadn’t heard anything from you. I informed you a claim would be opened if I didn’t get a reply, I gave you plenty of chances and still hadn’t heard from you, so a claim was opened on the 30th. The claim was opened for the full amount as I didn’t realise you could open for a part value. I will quite happily change the claim to only recoup the foam and postage cost.

Look if you honestly believe you have provided me with great service, then that’s fine and we clearly differ on what that means. You’ve come on a public forum and openly admitted massive delays in sending and ignoring multiple lines of communication. There are multiple people in this thread who were upset with the delay and lack of communication, there are also other posts on Instagram also chasing products ordered so on the plus side, I guess I should take comfort in the fact it wasn’t just me you were letting down.

I believe I have waited an extremely long time and had to send far too many chasers to simply get the service and products that I paid for. It reaffirms my decision to not use you again in future, despite what I genuinely believe to be great products.

Hopefully the foam finally turns up today, undamaged and then we can both go our separate ways. There are plenty more companies that I will happily give my money to in future and provide much greater customer service than I (and clearly others) have seen from yourselves.

Last edited by Leebo310; 05-02-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Leebo310 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leebo310 For This Useful Post:
Blacky010_10 (08-02-2018), Brian1612 (13-03-2018), LeeH (13-03-2018), M300JDG (19-02-2018), OvEr_KiLL (14-03-2018)