Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 28-01-2018, 01:42 AM   #181
BradleeBennett
Sponge Jockey

Continued:
OCD Nebula - Ordered this wax wanting to see what all the fuss was about. The finish was certainly up there but the removal of this wax wasn't what I expected from a show wax. For me it was a strange one as application was effortless, I tried with many different cure times and different temperatures etc but just couldn't find the sweet spot, perhaps a bit of user error here but for me I prefer other show waxes. 7/10
OCD Alien 51 - Very easy to use leaving a nice warm glow but the finish didn't wow me however it's more of an all rounder so didn't expect it to be up there with the show waxes I've used i'd reach for it over Nebula simply for the ease of use. Overall a nice all rounder but doesn't get me reaching for it too often 7.5/10
OCD Halloween Wax - OCD hit the sweet spot with this wax, the finish of Nebula with the ease of use of alien 51, an all around great wax. Also one of the best presented pots of wax I've ever used. 9/10
ODK Glamour - My favourite scent of any wax I own. The finish is one of the only waxes that made me stand back and say that made a real difference. My go to summer wax, effortless application and removal whilst the wax is on the harder side. 9.5/10
ODK Momentum - Picked this up in march madness last year as I was in need of some protection for my wheels. I was only expecting this to last a couple of months at most but to my surprise it was almost 6 months before the beading finally dropped off, I was so impressed I haven't bought another product to seal my wheels since. 8/10
ODK Waxstock 2017 - Picked this up at waxstock last year only got round to using it recently and now I wish I used it earlier. The scent of the wax is orange and lemon and is extremely strong. The wax itself loads up beautifully on the applicator and spreads forever. Removal is effortless and the finish is up there with the best I've used. 8.5/10
Optimum Opti-Seal - Easy to apply and a little goes an extremely long way. I liked the versatility of this product but the water behaviour and durability was a massive let down. 5/10
Wax Planet Shield of Dreams - The beading and durability is impressive from this wax but application and removal wasn't the easiest. It's lasted over 3 months on my car and water behaviour was impressive during this time. If only application and removal was just that bit better this could have been a truly wonderful wax. 7/10
Wowo's Contact 121 - I bought this for this winter expecting incredible beading and I wasn't disappointed. Beading was even better than ceramic waxes I've used and application and removal was so easy. Finish was more glassy however in winter I'm just looking for protection and water behaviour and for me this wax hits the spot. Very impressed with my first Wowo's wax. 9/10
Wowo's Crystal Sealant - For the price the protection it offers is incredible, beading and sheeting are wonderful as is durability. My problem lies in application, I found a wet car much easier to apply to and this is how I got the best out of the product. On a dry car it seemed extremely difficult to buff off, whether I buffed instantly or let it cure as per the recommendation on the bottle. 8/10
BradleeBennett is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BradleeBennett For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (28-01-2018), MAXI-MILAN (16-02-2018), todds (28-01-2018)
Old 28-01-2018, 08:33 AM   #182
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,325 Times in 1,194 Posts
LSP's What have you used and how would you rate them?

@bradleebennett - that's a fantastic write up / summery of the wax / sealants you've used and some great tips / short explanations ...

I've not tried any bouncers wax, but certainly going to consider one now, as with the AG synth seal - was wondering what this was like compared to others as fancy trying it - did you apply by hand ?

Cheers
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 11:41 AM   #183
BradleeBennett
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
@bradleebennett - that's a fantastic write up / summery of the wax / sealants you've used and some great tips / short explanations ...

I've not tried any bouncers wax, but certainly going to consider one now, as with the AG synth seal - was wondering what this was like compared to others as fancy trying it - did you apply by hand ?

Cheers
Bouncers waxes are some of my favourite waxes along with obsession wax, they're just so easy to use! Synth seal I used by hand and machine, it applied easily by both but for me I didn't see any benefit of using it by machine as the product spreads so thin by hand. I was shocked that I could be so impressed by a liquid product as I'm more of a paste wax man
The Following User Says Thank You to BradleeBennett For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (17-02-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #184
Leebo310

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleeBennett View Post
One of my favourite threads, thought I'd add my thoughts:
Auto Finesse Illusion - Easy to apply, even easier to buff off. The finish was good, beading was very good for a show wax as was the durability. I just felt the finish wasn't up to the standard of other show waxes I've used. 7.5/10
Auto Finesse Fusion - A very easy to spread wax with gave a glass like finish. The finish is more of a Sealant glassy look. I'm just not particularly a fan of this look. 7/10
Auto-glanz Synthseal - Does what is says on the tin - Its hard to describe just how easy this is to use and it certainly adds a glow to the paintwork whilst offering good water behaviour and decent enough durability. 7/10
Auto-glanz Aura - I received a sample pot of this when I placed an order. I love the scent and so was looking forward to using it. However I just wasn't that impressed, it spread ok and removed ok whilst leaving a decent enough finish, Synthseal for me is a much better offering from auto-glanz. 6/10
Blackfire Midnight Sun - A good honest wax, easy to apply leaves a nice enough finish and at a decent price point. I feel like I would benefit from investing in the whole blackfire system to get the best out of it as it just didn't wow me. 7/10
Bouncers Capture The Rapture - Very easy to use reminds me a lot of Illusion but for me leaves a better finish at a better price point 8/10
Bouncers Check The Fleck - One of my favourite waxes, ease of use is incredible and the clarity and metallic fleck it gives to the paint is unreal. For me the best bouncers wax I've used as the finish is perfect for my metallic paint. However I often use this in winter as well, I've found the water behaviour to be impressive and durability approx 2 months. 9/10
Bouncers Sherbet Fizz - Lovely Sherbet scent and very smooth soft wax which seems to spread forever. Leaves a nice enough finish not quite up to show wax standard and durability wasn't massively impressive. However that's not to say this isn't a great wax and I still really like this as it's just a pleasure to use. 8/10
Chemical Guys Jet Seal - Very easy to apply but that's where the positives end for me. Didn't last very long and water behaviour was poor at best. 3/10
Chemical Guys Petes 53 - Stupidly easy to use and leaves an incredible finish can't knock it for the price point as long as you don't expect it to last more than a month. 8/10
Dodo Juice Blue Velvet - Never got on with this wax and stopped me from buying any more dodo waxes. Found application and removal more difficult than any other wax I've ever used and the finish wasn't up to what I was expecting. 4/10
Mitchell and King Show Car Winter - I was expecting a lot more from this wax, applied ok and buffed off ok. The finish was decent enough but did nothing to wow me and durability wasn't particularly impressive either. 6/10
Swissvax Onyx - Very nice summer wax, picked up a 50ml pot and can't complain for the price. Finish is very warm and water behaviour is very impressive for the short time it lasts. 8/10
Swissvax Mirage - For me this is just a slight step up from Onyx and gives a better finish and better water behaviour with a bit of added durability. However I'm not sure it justifies the price increase. 7.5/10
Obsession Wax Ariana - Seemed to give my car a much deeper look, I wouldn't say a wet gloss but definitely darkened the paint a lot. This wax just feels special to use, spreads easily enough and water behaviour after is much better than I expected. 8.5/10
Obsession Wax Dynasty - Ridiculously easy to use, possibly the easiest wax I've ever used spreads for miles. Sheeting is great and durability is good lasted me 3 months combined with a show wax finish this is a winner for me. 9/10
Obsession Wax Icon - My go to winter wax. The sheeting and beading is the best of any wax I've ever used, application and removal is effortless, for me the most impressive obsession wax I've used. 9.5/10
Obsession Wax Zeal - For the price you really can't knock this wax 200ml glass jar at the price point as well as being effortless to use and leaving a nice finish. 7.5/10
Great write up buddy. Good to see I'm not the only one who struggled with Nebula too! We have some similar scores across the board, so that's good to know.
What's next on your list to try out of interest? I have a few more that I need to review once the weather picks up a bit - Wax Tub 141, RaceGlaze 42 (initial impressions of this are VERY good), Bouncers Fortify and ODK Sterling.
I've also got a custom wax coming from OW, but obviously that will score a 10/10 as it's exactly what I want in a wax
Leebo310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 04:01 PM   #185
BradleeBennett
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo310 View Post
Great write up buddy. Good to see I'm not the only one who struggled with Nebula too! We have some similar scores across the board, so that's good to know.
What's next on your list to try out of interest? I have a few more that I need to review once the weather picks up a bit - Wax Tub 141, RaceGlaze 42 (initial impressions of this are VERY good), Bouncers Fortify and ODK Sterling.
I've also got a custom wax coming from OW, but obviously that will score a 10/10 as it's exactly what I want in a wax
I've just received delivery of mitchell and king Bavaria sealant, and am about to order bilt hamber dsw. I'm looking for something a bit longer lasting at the moment and will be applying both to my bonnet to see how they last over the next few months
Old 17-02-2018, 02:19 AM   #186
matt525d
Unwashed Member

Carpro Cquartz U.K., can be a bit a grabby on levelling, but as a stand alone ceramic it’s better than its rivals and doesn’t need a topper like other coatings around

Tac Moonlight has to be one of my favs. It’s epic, I use it for topping ceramic coatings as a maintenance as it will fill and help repair them but as will out last things like reload, Gyeon Cure with ease
Application is dead easy, but like applying ceramics. Make sure you buff lager than the area you’ve applied. Very very forgiving as well

Carpro Gliss, as easy to apply as a wax, water behaviour is insane. Offers phenomenal protection, durability I don’t know as it’s only been on a few mnths but still beading like it did from day one

Carpro hydrophobic foam, couldn’t get anymore easier to apply. Really stands up against harsh conditions and for topping up LSP. You’ll struggle to beat it

Fireball easycoat, fireball have nailed this. I’ve tried many many other which fall into the same catagory but none come close. As a spray and rinse sealant, it’s knocks the socks off anything else.
matt525d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to matt525d For This Useful Post:
Blueberry (17-02-2018)
Old 17-02-2018, 08:08 AM   #187
Andyblue

Quote:
Bouncers waxes are some of my favourite waxes along with obsession wax, they're just so easy to use! Synth seal I used by hand and machine, it applied easily by both but for me I didn't see any benefit of using it by machine as the product spreads so thin by hand. I was shocked that I could be so impressed by a liquid product as I'm more of a paste wax man

Cheers mate, sorry, thought I'd replied...

Thanks for the information

A few other bits on the list to try out now ...
Old 17-02-2018, 08:10 AM   #188
Andyblue

Quote:
I've just received delivery of mitchell and king Bavaria sealant, and am about to order bilt hamber dsw. I'm looking for something a bit longer lasting at the moment and will be applying both to my bonnet to see how they last over the next few months

I got some BH DSW for Christmas - very impressed with it, easy to apply and remove (even in the rain. !) and gave a very nice gloss / glass finish and still beading / looking extremely well
Old 01-04-2018, 08:16 PM   #189
Kyle_241
PC Perfectionist

Angelwax Enigma - bought sample pot of this finally got around to using it.
Iíve read a lot about this wax and preparation is key so I gave the car full decontamination and stripped paint of any oil or residue to aid with the bonding, Iíve then applied ti-22 to all the panels and buffed off before I apply enigma which was suggested from angelwax.

The wax is blue in colour and scent is gorgeous smells of marshmallows which is a great start and flawlessly poured as is all of the waxes they pour.
The wax was very easy to load on to the applicator and it spreads really well, Iíve applied it one panel at time, being a fairly overcast day and rather cold it took roughly 10 minutes to cure fully and was clear to see when this was, upon removal Iíve used a 350gsm microfibre with light pressure and it came off very easy no effort required. Once all Car was done I had look on how much wax Iíve used and Iíve barely touched it no more than 5ml used. Iíve then left it overnight to fully cure and the results were superb dripping wet paint,very glossy finish with sharp reflections, slightly muted flake pop but nothing major.
Quick water test showed amazing beading and sheeting the best Iíve ever seen from a wax, the Ceramic ingredient they use in this wax certainly plays a major part in it. After all weather weíve had lately with snow,salt and rain the wax is holding up really well, not had time or weather to wash the car, when it rains it practically cleans the car for me, seriously good cleaning ability.

Overall I would give this wax 9.5/10, the best wax Iíve ever used I would recommend anyone to give this wax a try, donít know what your missing.
I know it £45 for 30ml or £180 for 250ml which is expensive, but donít be put off by this, Iíve read in PVD magazine that the ceramic their using cost roughly £1000 upwards for 1 litre, it a serious ceramic not a cheap rip-off that some manufacturers use just to label their wax as containing ceramic.

Ive gone ahead and bought a full jar after using my sample.
(Sorry for long write up thanks for reading my review)

Kyle
Kyle_241 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kyle_241 For This Useful Post:
Ads_ClioV6 (01-04-2018), Blueberry (02-04-2018), dave-g (01-04-2018), Hunty (02-04-2018), stonejedi (01-04-2018), tehvlb (09-05-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 08:50 PM   #190
Ads_ClioV6

Thanked 1,749 Times in 1,384 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_241 View Post
Angelwax Enigma - bought sample pot of this finally got around to using it.
Iíve read a lot about this wax and preparation is key so I gave the car full decontamination and stripped paint of any oil or residue to aid with the bonding, Iíve then applied ti-22 to all the panels and buffed off before I apply enigma which was suggested from angelwax.

The wax is blue in colour and scent is gorgeous smells of marshmallows which is a great start and flawlessly poured as is all of the waxes they pour.
The wax was very easy to load on to the applicator and it spreads really well, Iíve applied it one panel at time, being a fairly overcast day and rather cold it took roughly 10 minutes to cure fully and was clear to see when this was, upon removal Iíve used a 350gsm microfibre with light pressure and it came off very easy no effort required. Once all Car was done I had look on how much wax Iíve used and Iíve barely touched it no more than 5ml used. Iíve then left it overnight to fully cure and the results were superb dripping wet paint,very glossy finish with sharp reflections, slightly muted flake pop but nothing major.
Quick water test showed amazing beading and sheeting the best Iíve ever seen from a wax, the Ceramic ingredient they use in this wax certainly plays a major part in it. After all weather weíve had lately with snow,salt and rain the wax is holding up really well, not had time or weather to wash the car, when it rains it practically cleans the car for me, seriously good cleaning ability.

Overall I would give this wax 9.5/10, the best wax Iíve ever used I would recommend anyone to give this wax a try, donít know what your missing.
I know it £45 for 30ml or £180 for 250ml which is expensive, but donít be put off by this, Iíve read in PVD magazine that the ceramic their using cost roughly £1000 upwards for 1 litre, it a serious ceramic not a cheap rip-off that some manufacturers use just to label their wax as containing ceramic.

Ive gone ahead and bought a full jar after using my sample.
(Sorry for long write up thanks for reading my review)

Kyle
Love that review mate Keep looking at this but can't justify prjce
Ads_ClioV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ads_ClioV6 For This Useful Post:
Kyle_241 (01-04-2018)