Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 23-03-2018, 07:57 PM   #1
Mikej857
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,183 Times in 756 Posts
Garage
Obsession wax Divine

Obsession Wax Divine, 100 blends and 26 months later Divine was born.

Divine is designed to be a pure show wax, a wax that is so easy to use, you will want to be using it every week but just in case you don’t get the opportunity to use it once a week we have made it last, in excess of 3-4 months.

The finish provided by this wax is nothing short of spectacular, A very deep wet look finish, with the addition of SiO2 we have created a show wax that truly does last, this can be used in any weather be it winter of summer.

The beading and sheeting from Divine are on par with a lot of sealant based products but with none of the downsides.

So I've had this a couple of weeks but with my shoulder issue I haven't touch the car in a month and in that time we've had all the snow ect and it was the worst its ever been, I pre washed it 3 times before even touching the paint that's how bad it was, so the usual 2 bucket wash ECT

The pot of divine I have is blue with a peppermint scent which I'm told isn't the standard scent, (I somewhat rushed Jay in getting this to me with the pot of chroma I'd already ordered) the wax itself is firm to the touch but isn't as hard as others from Obsession Wax, a couple of turns of a ufo applicator and it oils up immediately but at the same time because of the waxes texture it can potentially be easy to overload the applicator initially until you become accustomed to how the applicator loads

Application was extremely easy, this particular wax gives you a very prominent indication of how well its spreading, when the applicator is loaded and has "enough wax" it'll glide like it's on ice over the panel and as the wax is lifted from the applicator onto the panel you can feel its less slick and needs reloading, overall the application was effortless and there was the linger of the peppermint scent from the wax

It wasn't overly warm today, very overcast but not as cold as it has been so I'd say around 10-12 degrees maybe warmer I'm no Michael Fish

I chose to try the swipe test after application to 3 panels and in all honesty its not always easy on white paint to tell if a wax is ready for removal and this was no different, I honestly couldn't tell if it was ready or not so I chose to crack on and apply Divine to the rest of the car leaving the roof alone for now, this will have given the wax a cure time of around 15-18 minutes which with waxes I've used previously would be excessive and it'll then be a nightmare to remove as they'd be over cured

I chose a 450gsm longer fibre plush microfiber (my preferred wax removal towel as they are very plush and soft so no issues with inflicting damage) now this is where this wax will surprise most it did me, absolutely no pressure or resistance was needed or felt when removing this wax the microfibre glides over the paint, reminiscent to removing a simple quick detailer it was absolutely effortless, you could remove this wax with just your little finger holding the cloth it really was that easy to remove

Now onto the roof, I'm somewhat vertically challenged so I leave the roof till last, (may seem weird to some but I am weird and the way I've always done it) I applied Divine to one half and then moved round to apply to the opposite side, so your talking a cure time of less than 5 minutes, again I had the same experience with the application of it being extremely slick feeling until the applicator became dry and needed reloading, removal was identical so it makes no difference on removal how long it's left to cure its effortless and an absolute joy to use

The pictures aren't the best as I said its very overcast and it doesn't show the level of gloss and certainly how slick the paint is now which it has both in abundance along with crisp reflections which you'd expect from a wax market as a 'show wax'

This wax really does tick all the ease of use boxes for me as its effortless in every aspect, when using a wax I want it to be pleasurable rather than a chore, if its a chore the wax won't be used again and be relegated to the back of the cupboard, Divine will have pride and place at the front of the cupboard ready for its next outing

Water behaviour is yet to be seen but I'm expecting big things from this so I'll be a little dissapointed if its less than spectacular so time will tell on that one

Durability obviously I can't comment on at this stage and anyone who's a regular will know it's not something I'll ever comment on as a wax isn't left on my car long enough because I'm constantly buying new waxes so constantly have new waxes to try but Jay is claiming 3-4 months of durability which is excellent from a 'show wax' where you'd normally expect weeks not months from this type of wax

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Mikej857; 24-03-2018 at 03:03 AM.
Mikej857 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikej857 For This Useful Post:
Dazednconfused (28-03-2018), euge07 (28-03-2018)
Old 23-03-2018, 08:46 PM   #2
Chris@N
Washmitt Meister

Great write up.

Now I want some!! I don’t need any new waxes as I have a fair few at the moment, but now I want some of this!!
Chris@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 10:35 PM   #3
todds

What was the make of 450g iong knapp microfibre cloth that you use to remove waxes?
regards
todds
ps great honest review and lovely pics of a lovely motor
todds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2018, 10:39 PM   #4
Mikej857

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@N View Post
Great write up.

Now I want some!! I don’t need any new waxes as I have a fair few at the moment, but now I want some of this!!
I know what you mean about not needing anymore waxes

Old 23-03-2018, 10:39 PM   #5
Mikej857

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by todds View Post
What was the make of 450g iong knapp microfibre cloth that you use to remove waxes?
regards
todds
ps great honest review and lovely pics of a lovely motor
Purchased from in2detailing some time ago

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikej857 For This Useful Post:
todds (24-03-2018)
Old 27-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #6
Mikej857

Garage
Well beadings pics are in and I have to say its pretty awesome if I do say so myself

Single layer only

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mikej857 For This Useful Post:
Dazednconfused (28-03-2018), euge07 (28-03-2018), JayOW (27-03-2018), macca666 (27-03-2018), stonejedi (27-03-2018), Typeroz (27-03-2018)
Old 28-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #7
euge07

looking good, how is the water behavior/sheeting
euge07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to euge07 For This Useful Post:
JayOW (28-03-2018)
Old 28-03-2018, 04:06 PM   #8
Mikej857

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by euge07 View Post
looking good, how is the water behavior/sheeting
Both the sheeting and beading are excellent and have exceeded my expectations, this wax just does not like water full stop

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikej857 For This Useful Post:
JayOW (28-03-2018), tehvlb (09-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 09:21 AM   #9
euge07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej857 View Post
Both the sheeting and beading are excellent and have exceeded my expectations, this wax just does not like water full stop

hi

how is the wax performing now? looks great, I am tempted by it when my Infinity wax supergloss + runs out
euge07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:41 AM   #10
Leebo310

Another great review as always mate, love the amount of detail you add in
Did you apply this to bare paint and if so, what pre wax cleanser did you use?
Leebo310 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leebo310 For This Useful Post:
Mikej857 (11-04-2018)