Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 27-12-2016, 05:30 PM   #1
Blackwatch
Orbital Oracle

Needing some help choosing new products

I am hoping in the new year I may have landed what may be a dream job. For the last year I have been doing mobile valeting with the odd correction detail here and there. As the weather turned I decided to phone a few dealerships to see if there was one that would be prepared to give me a winter contract to tide me over. One such place gave me a trial, as many people claim to be able to clean cars but not everyone can detail cars.

Over the last few weeks I have done several trade valets and two full correction details along with a full correction / protection detail on a customers car. Thankfully it seems that my hard work and the strategy of doing the work for cost plus a pint has worked and in January I am due to sit down with them to discuss a full time position.

Now onto my main question. I am looking for a proper quality polish that will really add some " wow " power to the cars I am doing. Mainly they are high end cars such as RS3, RS3, AMG Mercedes and Porsche etc. I have a range of compounds to be able to get rid of 95% of imperfections but when doing a stage two or stage three I really need something to kick it up a level.

This is what i have polish wise at the moment.
  • .50 Cal Fortress polish
  • .50 cal cover up
  • Optimum finish polish
  • Scholl S17
  • Scholl S20
  • Poorboys Professional polish
  • Poorboys Black hole
  • Poorboys white diamond

What could I add to my arsenal to improve it? Most of the cars I am doing are dark colours if that helps folk help me.

Also what are peoples views on Prima Amgio, is it something I should look at also?
Blackwatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2016, 07:10 PM   #2
Sam6er
Orbital Oracle

Polish wise, scholls would be fine id imagine. After polishing id recommend giving Mitchell and King Pure a try. That stuff is amazing! Iv used it on a few cars now, also done a side by side with it against some popular glazes and i found Pure left a much better finish, clean and very clear finish. Tried them all by hand for the side by side comparison but usually use a da to apply glazes or pre wax cleaners. I think they may still have the double up offer on all liquids

Last edited by Sam6er; 27-12-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Sam6er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sam6er For This Useful Post:
Blackwatch (27-12-2016)
Old 27-12-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,406 Times in 2,670 Posts
Garage
If you are removing 95% of imperfections with your compounds then all your really looking for is a finishing polish to refine after compounding, then I would suggest Carpro Essence on a light to medium polishing pad or a finishing pad this will correct and fill any swirls, polish haze, hollow grams after correcting plus give you the bling and protection in one, even after that you can apply Essence plus after 3 hours as well

Just remember that after you have panel wiped after correcting then there is no need to panel wipe after applying Essence.

Last edited by chongo; 27-12-2016 at 08:51 PM. Reason: .......
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chongo For This Useful Post:
Blackwatch (27-12-2016)
Old 27-12-2016, 08:57 PM   #4
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,682 Times in 1,041 Posts
Essence leaves behind a nano coating, depends on if you want that or not

If you're after a pure refining polish, grab scholl S40 to compliment your other scholl polishes

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Hereisphilly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hereisphilly For This Useful Post:
AndyN01 (28-12-2016)
Old 27-12-2016, 09:45 PM   #5
chongo
"Professor"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereisphilly View Post
Essence leaves behind a nano coating, depends on if you want that or not

If you're after a pure refining polish, grab scholl S40 to compliment your other scholl polishes

Yes but he's working for a car dealer so there really no need for a finishing polish when this does the both at the same time, finishing and protection
Old 27-12-2016, 09:47 PM   #6
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Yes but he's working for a car dealer so there really no need for a finishing polish when this does the both at the same time, finishing and protection
Very true

Another good one is Koch Chemie P2.02, wax and refining polish all in one if you don't want the nano coating aspect

The Following User Says Thank You to Hereisphilly For This Useful Post:
AndyN01 (28-12-2016)
Old 27-12-2016, 09:58 PM   #7
chongo
"Professor"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hereisphilly View Post
Very true

Another good one is Koch Chemie P2.02, wax and refining polish all in one if you don't want the nano coating aspect

Used that not so long ago and I found it done nothing at all to the paint

KochChemie polishes are my go to make now, they are fantastic on all paints and their H8 compound is one of the best I have used in a long time all the range are good but not p2.02. I found.

Last edited by chongo; 27-12-2016 at 10:00 PM. Reason: .......
Old 27-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #8
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Used that not so long ago and I found it done nothing at all to the paint

KochChemie polishes are my go to make now, they are fantastic on all paints and their H8 compound is one of the best I have used in a long time all the range are good but not p2.02. I found.
That's surprising, I've not used P2 yet, but have used both H8 and M2 and they were both fantastic

Chatting to the Koch rep from reep group at waxstock and he said P2 is basically M2 just with added wax

Old 27-12-2016, 10:17 PM   #9
Blackwatch
Orbital Oracle

Thanks for the tips guys. Your going to cost me a fortune .

on the customers car that was corrected and protected I used Siramik SC15 glass coat which they are charging the customers for as part of their new " pre delivery care package "...courtesy of yours truly. So effectively I will want to fully correct the vehicles leaving them with a deep gorgeous shine, with out any wax finish.

Then when the car is bought and if the customer wants the Siramik ( or another coating that maybe better ) I can just prep and coat in a day. Compared to some of you guys I am not the fastest detailer in the west taking an average 4 days to complete a car however I am always trying to achieve the impossible.....100% correction ( one day maybe )

Last edited by Blackwatch; 27-12-2016 at 10:25 PM.
Blackwatch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blackwatch For This Useful Post:
camerashy (29-12-2016), Gorselea (29-12-2016)
Old 27-12-2016, 10:37 PM   #10
chongo
"Professor"

Garage
If you are then looking for a finishing polish then S40 on a soft finishing pad will do

When you say prep, what do you mean as the car should be finished then if the customer wants it coating then surely it won't need any prep just maybe a quick dust. As for coating in one day, er I don't think that is possible as most need to cure for at least 24hrs unless you have IR lights and then you still need time for it to cure.
The Following User Says Thank You to chongo For This Useful Post:
Nidge76 (27-12-2016)