Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Technical > Help..!
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help..! Questions relating to products and how to use them.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:07 PM   #1
BaileyA3
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Carpro Dlux

Got myself some Carpro Dlux to coat my wheels and trim and have a few questions for any that have used it. First of all once opened how long does it last? I will be opening it tonight to coat two freshly refurbished alloys, just picked them up and will be coating the other two next week once finished. Will also be looking to coat the wheel Wells and the exterior trim in the weeks after. Then in a couple of months was hoping to use it when I get the Mrs alloys refurbished so hoping it doesn't go off to quickly. Also does anybody have any tips on application? I don't think I'll be able to get in to all the nooks and crannies of my alloys using the supplied applicator block so was wondering will I be able to use it on the mf wrapped around a gloved finger? And what about removal, can I just use a standard microfiber to buff it off? And finally is it worth doing more than one coat? If so how long should I wait between coats? Any help with this would be very much appreciated, cheers guys and girls.
BaileyA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #2
Derekh929
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,692 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyA3 View Post
Got myself some Carpro Dlux to coat my wheels and trim and have a few questions for any that have used it. First of all once opened how long does it last? I will be opening it tonight to coat two freshly refurbished alloys, just picked them up and will be coating the other two next week once finished. Will also be looking to coat the wheel Wells and the exterior trim in the weeks after. Then in a couple of months was hoping to use it when I get the Mrs alloys refurbished so hoping it doesn't go off to quickly. Also does anybody have any tips on application? I don't think I'll be able to get in to all the nooks and crannies of my alloys using the supplied applicator block so was wondering will I be able to use it on the mf wrapped around a gloved finger? And what about removal, can I just use a standard microfiber to buff it off? And finally is it worth doing more than one coat? If so how long should I wait between coats? Any help with this would be very much appreciated, cheers guys and girls.
I have used DLUX many times, first up when finished make sure cap and bottle top has no coating or residue on then wipe with cheap MF cloth , then wrap in cloth or store in cool dark place and it should last for months.
Just check when use again non has gone hard in the bottle and test a bit you won't see it's still ok?
Common sense approach for me but if not 100% I'm sure Craig at carpro will keep you right on social media.
Just make sure the sure has been well cleared of any contaminants , de tar de irionize , clay and then clean with the likes of eraser from carpro or similar.
This will give best chance to bond and increase durability, also make sure you don't over apply less can be more, and do back of wheels for start and gently rub off residue left soon after coated.
I use Costco MF clothes but a softer one might be better or suede cloths, great product do the backs of .the wheels first to get going and keep inside and watch where you start

Last edited by Derekh929; 01-09-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Derekh929 is offline   Reply With Quote