Detailing World Forum banner

BH Snow Foam drying onto car leaving spots

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  c87reed 
#1 ·
Since using BH Snow Foam I notice that there are 'spots' left on the car where the car dries before I can get round with my wask mitt etc.

Routine:-

BH Snow Foam - set so that 4% dilution rate applies via pressure washer
Leave 5 mins
Rinse off with pressure washer
Start washing car with mitt and bucket

It's when I get round to the final part of the car, say 20 - 25 mins after the rinse, that I see the 'dried' spots. It was worse yesterday as it was quite sunny

#4 ·
I'm not sure how the snow foam could affect it if you are thoroughly rinsing it afterwards. I can imagine that many others feel your pain re spotting. My water is relatively soft but now I use a DI vessel to filter the water and prevent the spotting. My PW and vessel are now split off from the same hose so that my PW is not running on filtered water.

It may help if you wash the side that's facing the sun last, as the shaded side will obviously take longer to dry. Aside from that you can only try and keep the panels wet by misting with the PW frequently; you just end up chasing your tail - as I have previously done for too many years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.