Detailing World Forum banner

Pre-wash without snow foam

6K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  pxr5 
#1 ·
At my job it turns out we have a washing space with a older homemade pressure washer (work for a large pump manufacturer) and have no idea of the fitting of the handle. So my thought was to skip my standard snow foam routine when washing there, but what would you recommend using? My plan is to use a pump sprayer.

Will my KK blizzard work through a pump sprayer? Or do I need something stronger like Powermaxed TRF or should I go down a totally different road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
What neil said, BH autofoam through pump sprayer can be more easily/accurately diluted, works just as well if not better than through a foam lance (depends who you ask) and will last you longer so be more economical
Alternatively you could use something such as a dedicated spray pre wash for example AF citrus power i think it's called or some APC

#10 ·
But won't my Krystal kleen snowfoam work just well as the BH? I have just bought a 5L of that :)

From the testing I done on kkds blizzard extreme it didnt perform that well as a snow foam but used at the advertised 10% PIR via a pump sprayer it performed pretty well. I used 200ml to 1800ml water and it helped shift a good amount of dirt.

Normal Blizzard isnt as strong as Extreme but it should still break down some road grime as a pre wash.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Think that I might give my Blizzard a go and see how it performs or else I will have to look at some other options.
I actually think that the blizzard extreme works very well as a snowfoam, it’s one of the best I have tried.

#13 · (Edited)
Generic pump sprayers won't work for foam, you need to get a proper foam sprayer like a Gloria FM10 or an AltaFoam 2000 with their foaming nozzles etc (warning: some foame sprayers aren't very good, not all are the same, get informed first). Those two work very well with snowfoams and often require less foam liquid per liter.

You can use more or less any foam with them, experimenting with dilution. A new, very well working foam in both foaming capability and cleaning effect is the new Sonax Acitfoam. In a Gloaria FM10, you need as little as only 5 ml per liter to get a thick appropriate foam.

I own an FM10, which is good, but would recommend the AltaFoam 2000. Proven good, 2 liters is nice and it's quite affordable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Di-Marti...r-with-Viton-Gaskets-DO-AL4002F-/192130082038

#14 ·
Generic pump sprayers won't work for foam, you need to get a proper foam sprayer like a Gloria FM10 or an AltaFoam 2000 with their foaming nozzles etc (warning: some foame sprayers aren't very good, not all are the same, get informed first). Those two work very well with snowfoams and often require less foam liquid per liter.

You can use more or less any foam with them, experimenting with dilution. A new, very well working foam in both foaming capability and cleaning effect is the new Sonax Acitfoam. In a Gloaria FM10, you need as little as only 5 ml per liter to get a thick appropriate foam.

I own an FM10, which is good, but would recommend the AltaFoam 2000. Proven good, 2 liters is nice and it's quite affordable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Di-Marti...r-with-Viton-Gaskets-DO-AL4002F-/192130082038
Nobody's saying otherwise. What we are stating is that some snow foam products can work equally as well when used as a pre-wash in a standard pump sprayer, BH AF being the perfect example.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.