Detailing World Forum banner

Best Snowfoam

50K views 47 replies 29 participants last post by  deno 1 
#1 ·
Best snow foam out there that is thick and stick well I tried magifoam earlier did not like it

#2 ·
Best doesn't always mean it is thick and sticks. If you want a decent foam AF Avalanche has a reasonable cleaning ability and can be thick depending on mix. The idea is for it to dwell long enough to soften dirt and carry as much as possible away when you wash it off.
Foams also rely on decent protection being in place for maximum effect. :)

#4 ·
Well I use 40ml in 400ml of water in the lance. That gives me a nice even blanket of foam, not the thickest but what I want. So you could move up the strength a bit for thicker but it may not clean proportionally better. Depends on pw as well.

#13 ·
Wowo's Awesome Foam is rubbish too... It's the worst foam I have tried. IMO Carbon Collective Satsuma and Anglewax FastFoam are the best in terms of cleaning and thickness! I am now on my first 5 litre carton of BH Auto Gotten so I'll see how I like this! I have also just ordered AutoGlanz Spritzer I have seen videos and this looks brilliant!

#15 ·
Bilt Hamber autofoam, x2 rural dwelling 4x4 cars which get filthier than an Essex bird can't be wrong.

BH doesn't foam like other products, it gets on and begins cleaning. I would not bother with anything else. Used up the trial pack of AB foam that came with my gun, wouldn't buy it.

Would consider avalanche but it would only be used to impress the neighbours who are already mystified with my plethora of products and cleaning supplies.

#17 ·
Vp ph neutral gives a thick shaving foam coverage and really clings even with a heavily protected car. It's cleaning is good too. 200mls per 1 litre snow foam bottle.

BH auto foam is very runny doesn't cling well but has awesome cleaning power and uses far less product. 50mls per 1 litre snow foam bottle.

#28 ·
Out of the ones I have tried (I can't speak for everyone sorry)

Bilt Hamber
Valet pro ph neutral
magifoam

Magifoam was the thickest and had the best dwell time, Cleaning abilities were the worst out the three but by no means disastrous there was still visible cleaning abilities.

Valet pro is the first snowfoam I bought when I really didn't know what I was doing.
Decent thickness of foam decent dilution rates cleaning abilities were good also.

Bilthamber foam - Thin to moderate thickness cleaning power for a snowfoam is insane tbh though you will struggle to find a better one with the dilutions rates which people suggest for this foam.-

The other foam id recommend by what you are saying is KKD blizzard-
Super thick foam,
Smells great
good cleaning abilities
Not sure on dilution rates thuough

#36 · (Edited)
After cleaning the car today I thought for a bit of fun I would give the project a "quick" foam and wash.

This is Avalanche at 40ml in 400ml. I cannot see the need for anything thicker myself and it does maintain a steady flow down the sides rather than breaking up everywhere. There is no rinse shot because I think most know a foamed car rinsed looks clean regardless of weather it really is and believe me it would not have been clean, it has virtually no protection. This was just to remove dust dirt before the wash. But I can say on a protected car it "cleans" as good any any I have used regardless of what some say. Not sure if the op has bought anything yet but at least this is the real thing for everyone to see. :)

Edit

I will just add that when I say "on a protected car it "cleans" as good any any I have used" I mean it performs how I want. Day to day use, I never let my cars get into such a state that after a foam there is still lot of residual muck, I use the foam to soften what dirt there is and remove dust and whatever else. My wash and rinse buckets are clean after the tbm so it works for me as far as dwell, cleaning and lingering are concerned. This is also based on the fact the op wanted a thick foam and one that sticks. I have BH but that is a different story. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.