Detailing World Forum banner

washing suspension

6K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  Andy from Sandy 
#1 ·
Hi all,

With winter coming I want to give the suspension a clean and a coating to keep them in good condition. As they have a fair bit of grease in them (old cars), is there any products that can be recommended for this or an after coating I can put on?

Cheers,:thumb:

#6 ·
Back in the early 70's I was sent on a course for Citroen Car. At the time Citroen owned Maserati. As I was being shown around the factory, someone shouts my name, as I had never been to Slough in my life I never bothered. Then a tap on my shoulder, What are you doing here?. Brother of a guy I worked with for about 4 years. Last time I had seen him this Abi ( his real name was too long & no one could say it so it's Abi)He was working for Porsche racing. Anyway he now worked for Maserati, he told the guy from the course he's with me all week, No he's here for Citroen, NO HE'S with me. So I worked with him all week on a Maserati Sebring. Engine rebuild. Reason for this long story. THE CAR HAD CHROME FRONT SUSPENSION !!! Imagine keeping that clean

#8 ·
#17 ·
This thread brought something to mind I'd forgotten about.

Does anyone else remember the old Royal Mail Leyland EA vans?

They always looked weird because they seemed to "lean forward" and when following them you could see quite a bit of the rear suspension and the vans' underside.

And they were always painted with a sort of silver paint. Not sure if RM did this with all their fleet or just these vans, but presumably it was a (probably vain!) attempt to delay the onset of rust, which in those days, the 1970s or 1980s, would have set in before they hit the road.

Just wondered if anyone knows if this was successful, and what they actually used.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.