Detailing World Forum banner

White spots on black paint won't wash off

23K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  dannygdesigns 
#1 ·
Not sure what this is but on both sides of the car there is quite a lot of white spots / spray thats really bugging me, Thought it would come off after a wash but won't budge.

Neighbour told me to try panel wipe, washing the car this morning so might try that.

what do you guys think it could be and what could I try to get it off?

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks a lot like road paint to me.

I'm assuming it's on the lower wings and front doors??

Your best bet it getting some paint thinners and just gently rubbing it off.

Otherwise you could use a paint shaving block, but it can be dangerous and expensive if you mess up.

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Looks a lot like road paint to me.

I'm assuming it's on the lower wings and front doors??

Your best bet it getting some paint thinners and just gently rubbing it off.

Otherwise you could use a paint shaving block, but it can be dangerous and expensive if you mess up.

What paint thinner would you recommend? I'll try a tar remover first but I think it could be road paint.

#8 ·
Have you driven along any roads that have been resurfaced with the small loose chippings? I live in a rural area and a road I use regularly was resurfaced with these chippings and it left a light rash on the paintwork of my car similar to this. I ended up having to machine polish the area to sort it. I am not saying that is what it is but it looked like it.

#10 ·
It's 100% road paint.

You can clearly see raised lumps on the edge of the wing.

I don't really know much about thinners as we buy it in huge drums, I can't say I've ever paid attention to the brand or type... But I can have a look on Tuesday.

#14 ·
Hi guys, just an update it’s still on the car and doing my nut in, I don’t notice it when the car is dirty but after a good clean and it’s gleaming it does my nut in seeing white specks all down the sides.. I tried auto glym tar remover , white spirit on a microfiber and it’s not budged. I don’t know what to do next or whether to leave it. :(

#15 · (Edited)
Hi guys, just an update it's still on the car and doing my nut in, I don't notice it when the car is dirty but after a good clean and it's gleaming it does my nut in seeing white specks all down the sides.. I tried auto glym tar remover , white spirit on a microfiber and it's not budged. I don't know what to do next or whether to leave it. :(
How are you with a machine polisher;) you could use a medium grade polish and pad and see if that removes it:thumb: if it does a bit then step up to a cutting compound and MF cutting pad followed by a finishing pad and polish :thumb:

I have the same car and I have a bit of road rash but that was before I fitted the same guards to

#20 ·
Could try a meguiars clay bar kit from Halfords if you want something you can get easily. I use bilt hamber clay and it's pretty good. Claying isn't overly challenging and Quick YouTube search will show you how to do it. Just make sure you use plenty of lubricant.

Otherwise I'd get it to a detailer! That would drive me mad!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.