Detailing World Forum banner

Tar remover

9K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  mcdonji1 
#1 ·
I am looking for something that I can use to remove the tar spots from my car.

I would prefer something I could spray on and then wipe off. Any suggestions? I would like it to be gentle on the wax if poss.

Also - what about insect remover.

#2 ·
I actually went out and bought 5 litres of tardis which is meant to be one of the best products.

So you spray on and leave for a while and wipe off.

The trouble is it only removed the easiest tar.

To get the stubborn tar I had to soak a rag and go over and over it for a long time.

#16 ·
I actually went out and bought 5 litres of tardis which is meant to be one of the best products.

So you spray on and leave for a while and wipe off.

The trouble is it only removed the easiest tar.

To get the stubborn tar I had to soak a rag and go over and over it for a long time.
Every spray head I've used with Tardis, even chemical resistant one's. Tardis has destroyed them all!
Used Tardis today. Tardis in a small chemical resistant plastic bottle and a heavy duty microfiber cloth. Gets the job done.

#12 ·
I use obsession purge, its every bit as affective as tardis but doesn't have the horrible chemical smell its a nice citrus scent

Just spray it on and watch it dissolve the tar spots then rinse off easy as that

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Added bonus of Purge is thicker than the likes of Tardis so clings and does its thing.

If I could get it in larger quantities to get it to stack up financially, I'd be tempted to maybe swap from Tardis.

#10 ·
Tardis is good. Works best on dry panels. The price quoted is about right, you might find a little variation between AS reps but not much.

Which ever one you use, invert your bottle after use and spray until the spray head is empty. Tar removers eat them for lunch and whilst not preventing failure completely, it will prolong the life of your spray head. Nothing worse than coming to use is and it just dribbles out of the trigger all over your hands.....

#28 ·
Many suppliers sell their tar removers in 500ml or 1 litre sizes. Any on the forum sponsors will stock various makes.

AFAIK it is only Autosmart which has a 5 litre minimum for their tardis tar remover.

PS if you are looking for someone to split some, it helps to post your location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.