Detailing World Forum banner

Silverback drying towel

4K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  matty.13 
#1 ·
My new le silverback towel arrived yesterday so I put it in a 40* wash on its own with a tiny amount of non bio detergent before I use it. As it has dried (air dried naturally in the spare room)the fibres seem to have matted together and don’t feel soft anymore. Is this normal? In the photo I have scratched at the fibres to loosen them on the left, on the right side is how they have dried

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My new le silverback towel arrived yesterday so I put it in a 40* wash on its own with a tiny amount of non bio detergent before I use it. As it has dried (air dried naturally in the spare room)the fibres seem to have matted together and don't feel soft anymore. Is this normal? In the photo I have scratched at the fibres to loosen them on the left, on the right side is how they have dried
Yeah it's a strange one. If you let it dry outside if stays fluffy. Drying indoors makes my Drinker and Aqua Deluxe do the same. Just get ya hands and fluff it up.

Rob

#7 ·
Back in the day when Nappies used to be Towelling and didnt cause an eco disaster.
They had a hot wash in soap,spot of White vinegar,rinsed and left out overnight in a Frost.This left them fluffy and soft without any other products.

I recently used after a gent on here gave the tip.Boots Sensitive skin washing liquid.Works great for me and cheep as chips.Links below.Once i have wash my drying towels[on ther own].I dry them on a maiden near an open window,outside if its fine weather or on a maiden near a warm radiator.Give them a good shake out after and ther like new again.

link- http://www.boots.com/boots-sensitive-skin-laundry-liquid-1litre-10095130
I have skin that hates anything and this stuff is great.

BB

#9 ·
I also bought a bottle of that boots detergent. And can confirm it does a very good job on the towels and microfibres. I've been using the nanolex microfibre wash and the boots stuff is equally as good at a fraction of the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.