Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here.

Old 13-09-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
OrangeManDan
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Old Unwanted Products

I was just curious what everyone does with their old unwanted products. Not the better quality ones that you've bought from companies on here etc but more the ones you may have bought when you started out or picked up on impulse and then get home and realise you don't even want it.

Although I was warned not to do this when I started I couldn't help myself so thanks for the warnings everyone but I was weak. Now I have a box full of products that I don't particularly want and won't use. They are not of the quality of products that you get on here but more of the cheap products and I don't know what to do with them.

What did/do you all do?
OrangeManDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 09:10 PM   #2
LewisChadwick7
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,216 Times in 862 Posts
Keep them for doing people's cars who aren't as fussy or picky as us usually when the mates or family pop round and I've got the gear out and they say fancy doing mine.... no problem haha!

To be fair I've only an handful of products I'm not fond on though so most of mine gets used regularly
LewisChadwick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 09:19 PM   #3
macca666

Thanked 1,154 Times in 730 Posts
Garage
I had a tidy not that long ago as like everyone had far too many.

Looked out the stuff I wasn't using and wasn't going to use and sold a couple of things on here which were either new or only used once and for the other stuff I offered them on here for free if they were picked up.

I was just going to chuck them as I wanted the space but I'd actually a couple of replies asking so they all went to the first post response.

This is a great forum and many on here go above and beyond to help others so this was my small way of trying to help someone else out
macca666 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
Soapybubbles (13-09-2017)
Old 13-09-2017, 09:28 PM   #4
Fentum
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeManDan View Post
I was just curious what everyone does with their old unwanted products. Not the better quality ones that you've bought from companies on here etc but more the ones you may have bought when you started out or picked up on impulse and then get home and realise you don't even want it.

Although I was warned not to do this when I started I couldn't help myself so thanks for the warnings everyone but I was weak. Now I have a box full of products that I don't particularly want and won't use. They are not of the quality of products that you get on here but more of the cheap products and I don't know what to do with them.

What did/do you all do?
Use them up on my wife's old snotter! I also have a battered old Range Rover for moving stuff around in. Any rejects get used on them.

The nice cars get nice things.

In the past I found myself in a supermarket or Halford's or somewhere and couldn't help myself. Nowadays, I confine myself to a very old bad habit; buying tools. I'm working out how to smuggle an Autotriz mini kit past the CFO...

Peter
Fentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 09:31 PM   #5
Andyblue

Stuff I don't use any more - either used for other things - I've some simonise wash / wax from a while ago, great for cleaning the conservatory

I also tend to pass things to father in law or friends / neighbours if they're after something new - even if I'm still using it
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 09:32 PM   #6
GleemSpray

Thanked 2,244 Times in 1,513 Posts
I can resist impulse buying to some extent and am happy to bide my time with the latest fad, but i have a terrible life-long habit of not being able to throw anything away "in case it becomes useful one day"

So i have a bit of older detailing stuff which will never get used, but every few months i pull it out the back of storage, wipe the dust and dirt off the bottle, then put it back again....

We should have a give away section here on DW, although no doubt it would get closed when someone took advantage and flogged free stuff on ebay.
GleemSpray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 11:20 PM   #7
OrangeManDan
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Some good ideas here thanks.

macca666 - What sort of products did you get rid of for free on here because I have Turtlewax, Halfords and Simoniz sort stuff and I don't think people on here would really be fussed with those products even for free haha.

I don't have any old snotters to clean to be honest other than maybe my mates camper out the back but i'm pretty sure buying tools is not any cheaper

I could pass the products on to friends and family come to think of it but only certain ones as I valet/detail some of theirs so I don't want them ruining my work

GleemSpray - I can resist it for the most part now but it was at the start when I just wanted some sort of collection. P.s I think you may be a hoarder

I do like the give away section idea though. Should be put up to the mods.
Old 14-09-2017, 06:20 AM   #8
macca666

Thanked 1,154 Times in 730 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeManDan View Post
Some good ideas here thanks.

macca666 - What sort of products did you get rid of for free on here because I have Turtlewax, Halfords and Simoniz sort stuff and I don't think people on here would really be fussed with those products even for free haha.
Here was my thread some brands and some not well known.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=392678

You might be surprised what someone would take we've all started out at the beginning with little money or knowledge and bought loads ending up with even less money but better knowledge.

My thoughts were it wasn't doing any harm and if no-one replied to the thread then nothing lost as I was just going to through them out
macca666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2017, 08:51 AM   #9
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 15,768 Times in 5,860 Posts
Garage
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...play.php?f=394
Old 14-09-2017, 10:52 AM   #10
OrangeManDan
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Thanks for both of the links. You had some good stuff going there. Wish I had seen it and was closer to collect it now haha.

You suggesting I out them for sale in the charity section Whizzer?
The Following User Says Thank You to OrangeManDan For This Useful Post:
macca666 (14-09-2017)