Detailing World Forum banner

Carplan No1 Super Gloss

255K views 338 replies 87 participants last post by  adeel43 
#1 ·
Good Morning Fellow Detailers.

I have seen Carplan No1 Super Gloss ON OFFER at Eurocarpart, has some big claims i.e applies in 10 minutes and last for 12 months etc. Seems to me like a Sonax BSD, QD etc.

I currently use SONAX BSD and it's the Mutts !!. Has anybody used this ? had any experience of it ? I have had varied results with CARPLAN products so not holding up much hope for this one, however if anyone on here has used it, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.:detailer:

#127 · (Edited)
#133 ·
if its a nightmare to remove then you must have really over applied it or put it on something it didnt like - this really is the easiest stuff in the world to use.

1. 1 spray per small panel, 2 for a bonnet/roof, then wipe over with clean MF. There'll be nothing left to remove. As with 99.9% of products, only apply to cool panels out of direct sun.

2. Spray on a damp panel and just dry it as normal - nothing left to remove

I put another layer on my alloys this afternoon - 2 very light mists on each wheel while wet, and then just dried the wheel with a MF and it was super glossy and fairly slick.

This is easy to use than BSD, which needs much more car about amounts applied, only cool panels and careful buffing, so I'd suggest getting application of this sorted before you go near BSD or any trickier products!

#140 ·
so cheap and easy it hardly matters really - I'll put it on the next 'guest' car I do and keep an eye on it. I have no doubt it will be reasonable, although 12 months is likely 2-3x reality, given pretty much every manufacturer comes up with those numbers in the same way VW does emissions....

#142 ·
Yes.

I am fascinated with all of the emerging easy-to-use "SprayWax" / "QD's" / "Sealants" as labelled :), and the semi-synthetic blends of organic resins and waxs with synthetic polymers and silicon(e)(s).

As you say, 2-3 months durability is likely, but made all the more impressive if these products are all-surface and can be used quickly and easily as drying aids.

Currently i am enjoying BSD mixed 50:50 with AG Aquawax, which seems to look great and is holding up to the weather very well.

#145 ·
I tried this yesterday for the first time, have been very sceptical about this product but wanted to see what all the fuss was about.
With all the rain I went over the car with my Adams waterless wash and then sprayed this on. It applied so easily and was a pleasure to buff off and a little went a long way and car did have that extra kick to the gloss.
Came out this morning and the beading was awesome and driving away all the beads were rolling about everywhere making bigger beads then just rolling off car. The paintwork has hardly got any rain residue to what it normally has.
First impressions are a super cheap product that works and is easy to use.
If this was made by one of the better brands at say double the price then I reckon loads would still use it because of how good the product is.
Will deffo be getting more as will be using quite a lot as a top up I reckon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.