Detailing World Forum banner

Carplan No1 Super Gloss

255K views 338 replies 87 participants last post by  adeel43 
#1 ·
Good Morning Fellow Detailers.

I have seen Carplan No1 Super Gloss ON OFFER at Eurocarpart, has some big claims i.e applies in 10 minutes and last for 12 months etc. Seems to me like a Sonax BSD, QD etc.

I currently use SONAX BSD and it's the Mutts !!. Has anybody used this ? had any experience of it ? I have had varied results with CARPLAN products so not holding up much hope for this one, however if anyone on here has used it, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.:detailer:

#158 ·
Hi KVN618,
2 months is a pretty good time for a wipe n go.
From Forsh's pics the beading looks OK, I wouldn't say spectacular :)eek: sorry Forsh /Carplan), me thinks BSD beads better but I find it dies back fairly quickly, e.g. after a couple of washes, and definitely after 3.
I do wash (the cars!) every week or two depending on how mucky they get, believing in little and often (unlike drinking) is better.
A drawback of BSD (to me ) is it not nice n slick but grabby, although despite that you can't disagree that that it stays reasonably (amazingly?) clean, whereas you'd think that would come from a slicker feel - seems to successfully defy a (my) tactile sense of logic (scientific ignorance)! Still can't help feel that slicker's better though.

#188 ·
From Forsh's pics the beading looks OK, I wouldn't say spectacular :)eek: sorry Forsh /Carplan)
No need to apologise! :wave:

That pic was taken several dry days after a wash using CPNo.1SG as a drying aid and was quite dusty before the small amount of overnight rain prior to the pic and may account for the lack of spectacularness

:)

#159 ·
One observation I can make, I'd be interested to see if anyone else has noticed it - this seems to have been really compromised by bird bombs. I had a couple on the car after a day at work so I softened them with some weak soapy solution and wiped them away. Next rainy day and the beading has totally gone on these areas which were wiped.

When wiping the poo off, they seemed greasier than normal, as if they had stuck and mixed with the Carplan sealant.

I'll keep my eyes on it. The rest of the car is still looking good.

#160 ·
Used this for the first time today after a de tar and de iron. Gave it two coats. Very easy to use and impressed with the gloss especially on white! I used it on everything, glass, headlights, plastic etc. Not sure how it will bead, I usually use sonax products as I like nice tight beads. I may mix some of this with BSD in another bottle.

#166 · (Edited)
UP TO 12 months

That could be a garaged car washed every 4 weeks - 12 washes - 12months - claims met

Keep it outside and wash it every week you may get 3 months - 12 washes - I'd be happy with that

ECP have a sale on with UP TO 60% off - I've still to find something with that discount ;)

#172 ·
I've tried some out on one of the cars from work which are basically cleaned with soapy water and a broom! Put the No.1SG on one side of the bonnet and BSD the other. The BSD wins on beading and sheeting (as it would) but the No.1SG is far slicker (what isn't). I will try on my own car next wash. Seems decent stuff and very easy to use especially for the £7 something I paid for it.

#179 ·
I get such a good gloss and slick feel, beading and protection from using it as a drying aid I haven't considered using it the "correct" way

Piece of cake to wash too, I think the protection has built up using it this way. BH auto foam and pressure wash rinse and I hardly need to touch it with a wash mitt

#180 ·
Had a few issues with smears... I gave the cars bonnet (its black BTW) and boot a quick couple of spritz and noticed it hazed really quickly as i buffed, the panels were cool, clean and I applied it very sparingly so couldn't really see a problem.It was a real bugger to remove the smears. I had to use a couple of douses of FSE as my goto detailer ech2o wasn't buttering the parsnips. It certainly bonds well! Might give it another go but cut it with water.

#199 ·
FWIW: Tried this on three different cars. Was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to put on and wipe off (none of the 30 min wait, followed by 20 more mins of elbow-busting buffing needed with something like Carlack 68). Kept the dust level down on the car, and has lasted a week of rainy weather (so far), still beads nicely, and only needed to jet wash any dirt that had accumulated during the last week. It seems a bit finicky about how it is buffed off, and I've got a few panels where there's either a noticeable thin residue on the paintwork (too much left on) or it's not worked at all (too much taken off). And because it's quite a clear watery liquid, it's hard to judge. Still quite happy for £8.

#205 ·
The thought occurs, if you spray it onto a wet panel, you're diluting it anyway (and probably by more than 1:1!). So no harm in playing with dilutions to see how little you can get away with and still have it be effective, and 50% seems like a sensible place to start :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.