Detailing World Forum banner

Carplan No1 Super Gloss

255K views 338 replies 87 participants last post by  adeel43 
#1 ·
Good Morning Fellow Detailers.

I have seen Carplan No1 Super Gloss ON OFFER at Eurocarpart, has some big claims i.e applies in 10 minutes and last for 12 months etc. Seems to me like a Sonax BSD, QD etc.

I currently use SONAX BSD and it's the Mutts !!. Has anybody used this ? had any experience of it ? I have had varied results with CARPLAN products so not holding up much hope for this one, however if anyone on here has used it, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.:detailer:

#206 ·
I washed the car on Saturday but had to move the car into the sun to rinse & dry it but it was starting to dry in the sun and the CPNo1SG seamed to get a bit sticky/grabby as the car was drying naturally and the panels getting warmer (black car).
I suspect there may be a little over application going on as a result of that and the previous weeks of using it so dilution might provide a solution (pardon the pun!)

:)

#209 ·
Got some of this today as I was in Sainsburys and it was only £8. Cleaned both cars but used it on the missus car and it went on well and left a smooth finish.

Used it as a wheel sealant on mine and also around the door shuts to give it some protection.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

#214 ·
Yes on to a wet car Lewis - But was using 2 or 3 sprays per panel - hence my thoughts I was over applying it.

When I did the wheels, I was very careful as I didn't want to spray the discs, meaning I was using much less product and it was much more user friendly.

Will try the one spray per panel method next time I wash.

#215 ·
Yes on to a wet car Lewis - But was using 2 or 3 sprays per panel - hence my thoughts I was over applying it.

When I did the wheels, I was very careful as I didn't want to spray the discs, meaning I was using much less product and it was much more user friendly.

Will try the one spray per panel method next time I wash.
Definitely give the 1 squirt per panel a go then :) fiddly areas I dont bother with a squirt I do them last when there'll already be plenty of product of the towel to go round there and give them a coverage :thumb:

#216 ·
Not tried it diluted yet.
I've had no problems at all as a drying aid until last week and I'm pretty sure it was down to the panel drying in the sun and having less standing water on there.

Should have time for a quick wash at weekend and I'll try it diluted 50/50

:)

#219 ·
Now its been out a while, can anyone who has used both compare it against Sonax BSD ?

I get the impression it is a thinner liquid and, therfore, easier to work with. There seem to be reports that it can dry to a streaky finish under certain circumstances ?

Is it as shiny and durable as BSD, does it have its own pros and cons ?

#220 ·
Its easier to use IMHO, and leaves a slicker gloss look. BSD seems to be a slight darkening look to me. I havent had any application issues with it, but other than a little grabby at times I've never had issues with BSD either - although I never apply products to hot panels!

Both bead well but BSD has the edge here. I'm also not sure about Supergloss over other products while BSD is more like a QD in this regard. Durability - no idea as I have never reached the limit with either?

#226 ·
I ended up using it the other day on top of a layer of Bilt Hamber double speed wax just to give another layer of protection. Not sure how much it took to the wax but the finish was good. But that may have just been the wax. Easy to use. I will just top up with this on the next wash.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

#228 ·
A mate has some - I told him about the deal the other week. I tried some on The weekend on wife's alloy wheels after I'd cleaned her car - couple of quick sprays and wiped off with microfibre cloth. Easy to buff off and certainly felt like it added some gloss / protection to them, they did have some extra gloss / depth to the shine as well. Will see what the wheels are like after a week of running - might pick up a bottle up if working okay.

#249 ·
Picked up two extra bottles of this at £6 each in Sainsbury's.

I did the shower screen with it and thought I would try the bathroom window at the same time. It left it crystal clear. Given that I did all the interior glass today. No streaks or smears and the glass is spotless. It's also very slick so I will be interested to see how it is to maintain now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.