Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > Garage/Product Collections
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Garage/Product Collections Post your Garage or Product Collection pics here....

Old 10-10-2017, 01:53 PM   #201
brad mole
PC Perfectionist

Send a message via MSN to brad mole
Id imagine it will be a bit of a pain to clean dust out but i was hoping a hoover would do the job. The concrete floor below kind of disguises the dust anyway so as long as i can hoover the majority out every now and again it wont be too bad. I think it will be better than a flat tile as the dust wont sit on the surface and need swept up so often
brad mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 01:34 PM   #202
Mr Gurn
PC Perfectionist

Your garage..... garden..... and car are all fantastic!!!

That flooring looks amazing....

So whats next???? lol
Mr Gurn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Gurn For This Useful Post:
brad mole (12-10-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 04:23 PM   #203
joe_con19
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad mole View Post
So ive been wanting to make a start on a better pressure washer setup, something that can be left in the garage while its being used as theres nothing more annoying than pulling the pressure washer around and tripping over the extension lead etc. it just makes washing the car a chore when it could be so much easier to do. So i spared a few hours each day this past week to get this sorted.

Bought a 90 degree rotating elbow so the hose can come out more flush as im trying to keep it as tucked away as possible.

My pressure washer (minus the hose) which i measured up and made a wall mount for it to sit on

And i bought a Q-Washers hose reel with 20m of hose, i have to say the quality of this seems great and i can see its gonna make washing the car so much easier. I messaged the seller to ask if they could make me a custom length hose connector too and they did which was great of them

And this is what i came up with to mount the pressure washer on, the washer sits over the lugs at the bottom and then a custom nut secures the washer in place, i made it all removable just incase i need to take it off the mount for whatever reason.

Test fit

The securing nut, nice and neat

And here it is all mounted up, really pleased with how tidy ive managed to get it all looking, cant wait to use it now!

I will be putting a sink under the tap and a worktop in eventually but this is a start

I just hope it all works how id planned, hopefully i can just pull the hose out and turn the tap and power on and away we go! unlike before trailing cables and hoses everywhere with extension leads the lot
Not sure if brad still reads this but have done a similar setup..Just wondering if you had an issue if your pressure washer hasn't been used for a week or so when first starting to wash the car you smell the stagnant water?
joe_con19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #204
RetroManPete
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_con19 View Post
Not sure if brad still reads this but have done a similar setup..Just wondering if you had an issue if your pressure washer hasn't been used for a week or so when first starting to wash the car you smell the stagnant water?
Sorry to hijack brads thread,
But to answer joe con 19 dormant water left in hose pipes can cause {Legionnaires' disease }

Fantastic garage build you've done there brad
RetroManPete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RetroManPete For This Useful Post:
brad mole (06-12-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 09:04 PM   #205
joe_con19
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroManPete View Post
Sorry to hijack brads thread,
But to answer joe con 19 dormant water left in hose pipes can cause {Legionnaires' disease }

Fantastic garage build you've done there brad
Yeah was just wondering what he done to prevent this as when removing the gun from the hose reel it doesn't release the water so just wondering what he did

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2017, 11:40 PM   #206
brad mole
PC Perfectionist

Hi guys, i did wonder if it would matter if it was left in the pipes but i thought surely this kind of thing happens all the time? Ive not noticed any smells when starting, but i do get soapy looking water at first startup for 20 seconds or so and not sure what that is. When im finished i normally turn tap off first, then pressure washer, then squueze trigger to get excess out, reel hose back in then squeeze excess again. Obviously there will still be water in the pipes but theres not much more i could do surely?

Last edited by brad mole; 05-12-2017 at 11:48 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:32 AM   #207
joe_con19
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad mole View Post
Hi guys, i did wonder if it would matter if it was left in the pipes but i thought surely this kind of thing happens all the time? Ive not noticed any smells when starting, but i do get soapy looking water at first startup for 20 seconds or so and not sure what that is. When im finished i normally turn tap off first, then pressure washer, then squueze trigger to get excess out, reel hose back in then squeeze excess again. Obviously there will still be water in the pipes but theres not much more i could do surely?
Cheers for the reply Brad..have similar issues with the soapy looking water wasn't sure what this was either...maybe it's just the way the pressure washer is just now as it's not wall mounted yet so isn't letting the water run out

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to joe_con19 For This Useful Post:
brad mole (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 01:19 AM   #208
saul
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Epic thread, just sat here and read all 21 pages. Congratulations on the build, garage is stunning, garden is awesome.

Have you actually done any work on the house?
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to saul For This Useful Post:
brad mole (06-12-2017), dubb (06-12-2017)
Old 06-12-2017, 09:01 AM   #209
brad mole
PC Perfectionist

Strange isnt it joe. Il keep an eye on it and maybe from now il spray the hose away from me and the car for the first minute or so to get the sitting water out

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul View Post
Epic thread, just sat here and read all 21 pages. Congratulations on the build, garage is stunning, garden is awesome.

Have you actually done any work on the house?
Thanks saul! Haha yes its been none stop on the house too got plenty done but its just slow work when your doing it all yourself and makimg everything bespoke
Old 06-12-2017, 09:39 AM   #210
Dunney
Unwashed Member

Late to the party but just subscribed to this thread incase you decide your garden isn't necessary and add an extension to the garage

The workmanship is incredible in the garage and garden! Hoping that in a few years I'll be able to move to a house where this is possible as I'm currently in a mid-terrace! Always wanted a bespoke garage and this is a fine example of what can be achieved!
Dunney is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dunney For This Useful Post:
brad mole (06-12-2017)