Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 17-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #11
HOW5ER
Sponge Jockey

Thanks for the advise lads, I was always under the impression that foam pads were better than microfibre??

My other option was just megs 105 and 205 with a lake country yellow cutting pad then a white polishing pad? This is probably the cheapest way to go so if it doesnt work and I need other pads, polish or compounds then it won't hurt the wallet............
HOW5ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 04:36 PM   #12
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 3,712 Times in 2,161 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOW5ER View Post
Thanks for the advise lads, I was always under the impression that foam pads were better than microfibre??

My other option was just megs 105 and 205 with a lake country yellow cutting pad then a white polishing pad? This is probably the cheapest way to go so if it doesnt work and I need other pads, polish or compounds then it won't hurt the wallet............
Foam pads are better for polishing, but MF cutting pads are more faster and better for removing deeper marks but it depends on what you are working on
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chongo For This Useful Post:
HOW5ER (17-03-2017)
Old 18-03-2017, 11:36 PM   #13
HOW5ER
Sponge Jockey

So this is a pic of my machine I will be detailing, Ive just bought a ltr of IPA off eBay and also 1L of School S20.

Any tips on using the S20 appreciated, currently I only have Lake country orange and blue pads, I think ill buy a yellow LC pad also just incase the orange doesnt do the trick.

Last edited by HOW5ER; 18-03-2017 at 11:38 PM.
HOW5ER is offline   Reply With Quote