Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 20-03-2017, 11:16 PM   #11
Sawel
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
It's alright saying according but actually using it is a different matter, so many things need to be taken into consideration when using a aggressive compound the op was asking how best and what to use for light swirls, yes he has S2 but it's best to advise on a least aggressive approach first before going in with a compound that is capable of removing sanding marks of 1200-1500
But he says he has a medium pad and I'm sure you're aware that it's the pad which provides most of the bite, the compound complements it. It would be an entirely different matter if he was reaching for aggressive pads.
Sawel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 07:13 AM   #12
butler
Washmitt Meister

Ok then so i could start with a softer pad and s2 orange combo, but really i`d be better buying another one to fit in between the 2 i already have...... so i could go for the S20 or even the S17+ ......?
butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 08:34 AM   #13
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 3,392 Times in 1,993 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawel View Post
But he says he has a medium pad and I'm sure you're aware that it's the pad which provides most of the bite, the compound complements it. It would be an entirely different matter if he was reaching for aggressive pads.
Of course am aware but it's still is a aggressive compound and not used correctly ie, a cutting pad, the abrasives need a pad to break down the compound through its working cycle and medium polishing pad is in my eyes to soft to break down the abrasives in this compound especially if he does have hard paint.

We always go on about start out with the least aggressive approach which in this case it doesn't seem so

Why not try S20 first and see if it works and if you need to step up use S17+
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2017, 09:53 AM   #14
Sawel
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by butler View Post
Ok then so i could start with a softer pad and s2 orange combo, but really i`d be better buying another one to fit in between the 2 i already have...... so i could go for the S20 or even the S17+ ......?
If you get s20 you'll have an excellent all rounder, it has good cut and finishes down really well. I don't think you'd be disappointed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sawel For This Useful Post:
chongo (21-03-2017)
Old 22-03-2017, 12:51 PM   #15
butler
Washmitt Meister

Next problem now is i`m finding it very difficult to see any swirls and scratches in natural light.....!!! got nowhere inside to do the work.
Old 22-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #16
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 3,392 Times in 1,993 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Next problem now is i`m finding it very difficult to see any swirls and scratches in natural light.....!!! got nowhere inside to do the work.
You will find it hard to see any form of swirls and scratches in natural light if the sun isn't out especially on your colour haven't you got any other form of light like good LED torch
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2017, 03:45 PM   #17
Sawel
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
I bought the Lenser LED p7.2 torch as instructed by folk on here and I'm glad I did. It is around £35, has something like 320 lumens and makes swirl spotting very easy. I highly recommend it.
Old 23-03-2017, 02:02 AM   #18
butler
Washmitt Meister

Have looked into led lights and the copy sunguns but cant seem to settle on one.... mixed reviews on here about led torches for swirl spotting and loads of fakes on amazon from china.....???
Old 23-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #19
Sawel
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Have looked into led lights and the copy sunguns but cant seem to settle on one.... mixed reviews on here about led torches for swirl spotting and loads of fakes on amazon from china.....???
The mixed reviews you read about led torches come about when people buy an led torch which isn't bright enough to detect swirls. 320 lumens in the P7 Lenser is a lot and it is a great purchase. If I remember correctly, I got mine from Amazon.
Old 23-03-2017, 09:48 PM   #20
butler
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawel View Post
The mixed reviews you read about led torches come about when people buy an led torch which isn't bright enough to detect swirls. 320 lumens in the P7 Lenser is a lot and it is a great purchase. If I remember correctly, I got mine from Amazon.
Just bought one the same spec as this....