Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 17-09-2015, 08:37 PM   #101
nickvw
PC Perfectionist

Cheers for the heads up mate I'll keep my eye on it, I have still got the original air box and filter so will swap back if needs be.
nickvw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nickvw For This Useful Post:
simon_23 (18-09-2015)
Old 17-09-2015, 08:42 PM   #102
Prestige car care shop
Forum Sponsor

Cracking stuff

Discount code - DW10
www.prestigecarcareshop.com
Prestige car care shop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Prestige car care shop For This Useful Post:
nickvw (17-09-2015)
Old 18-09-2015, 11:53 AM   #103
C7 JFW
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to C7 JFW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvw View Post
This is what the original Golf 'R' ones look like...........

I'm going for a similar look but with the original R32 style logo

I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks now so the decals should be here when i get back and the clips powder coated ready to collect.

Will update when i'm back !
That's a really neat addition - I like that a lot. You're making me want to do the same with my 4Motion calipers but I expect they wouldn't fit.

Quite partial to the numberplate surrounds too but I fear it might be a bit too fussy for the car.

Nice upgrades. Good to see someone else's reply about the BMC air filter - I've been considering one but have avoided it as I must have a 100% reliable car all the time.
C7 JFW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to C7 JFW For This Useful Post:
simon_23 (18-09-2015)
Old 18-09-2015, 01:31 PM   #104
StevieR32
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Love you thread, Absolutely love your R32. Currently contemplating changing back to a MKV R32 from my Edition 35. Miss that V6.

Funny enough the one I'm looking at is also black with Recaros. Did think about going to the MK6 but a good one of those is rare and the R32 I've found looks good and only 51K on it.
StevieR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 02:19 PM   #105
nickvw
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7 JFW View Post
That's a really neat addition - I like that a lot. You're making me want to do the same with my 4Motion calipers but I expect they wouldn't fit.

Quite partial to the numberplate surrounds too but I fear it might be a bit too fussy for the car.

Nice upgrades. Good to see someone else's reply about the BMC air filter - I've been considering one but have avoided it as I must have a 100% reliable car all the time.
Thanks for your comments i think the clips only fit the bigger brake calipers which is a shame, i do look at my car sometimes and think should i go back to a set of new dealer plates with no surrounds but cant make my mind up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieR32 View Post
Love you thread, Absolutely love your R32. Currently contemplating changing back to a MKV R32 from my Edition 35. Miss that V6.

Funny enough the one I'm looking at is also black with Recaros. Did think about going to the MK6 but a good one of those is rare and the R32 I've found looks good and only 51K on it.

The V6 engine is the best thing about the r32's compared with the r's, i think if i were to change this in the future i would want an Rs4 or a mk7 gti but ive not had this a year yet so it wont be going any time soon !

The edition 35 is a really nice car too and rare don't think ive ever seen one in the flesh !
Old 19-09-2015, 06:57 AM   #106
StevieR32
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvw View Post
Thanks for your comments i think the clips only fit the bigger brake calipers which is a shame, i do look at my car sometimes and think should i go back to a set of new dealer plates with no surrounds but cant make my mind up

The V6 engine is the best thing about the r32's compared with the r's, i think if i were to change this in the future i would want an Rs4 or a mk7 gti but ive not had this a year yet so it wont be going any time soon !

The edition 35 is a really nice car too and rare don't think ive ever seen one in the flesh !
Yeah it's a nice car, still has the same engine as the R but not as much power. Something just keeps pulling me back to the R32.

I'm away to have a road trip today to view the one I'm looking at, it's not far away only 5hr drive..lol
StevieR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StevieR32 For This Useful Post:
jim55 (20-03-2017)
Old 20-09-2015, 10:09 AM   #107
nickvw
PC Perfectionist

Good luck mate there's nothing finer than a road trip to look at a car ! I went 3.5 hours each way to view the mk4 r32 I bought afew years ago and then the same a week later to pick it up such a good drive home though !!
Old 10-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #108
nickvw
PC Perfectionist

Nothing much to report !

A couple of randoms to keep the thread alive :-)

And yes the dogs are allowed in the car
Old 10-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #109
dave-
Orbital Oracle

I bet that is way better than the MK 4. VW seemed to up the game with the MK 5 golf`s and I cant wait to drive one.
dave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 09:16 PM   #110
nickvw
PC Perfectionist

Well............Alot has happened since my last post !

September 16

Sorned Golf and bought a Kuga.........

November 16

Became a dad !!

February 17

Bought a Volvo !!

The Volvo is another story but yes i really did buy one haha.

Anyway back to the golf.......

Shes been off the road since september while i've been using the Kuga lovely car but decided we still prefer the A4 avant so the Kuga is now up for sale.

The high level brake light packed up on the golf and was quoted £400 to replace it as you need to remove the spoiler to get to the screws that hold it in place
Abit of internet searching and found a thread on golf gti forum showing you the easy and cheap way to do it so £38 later and 30 minutes of my time and its done

Also bought some led smoked indicators and led puddle lights so fitted those at the same time.........

All small things that make a difference, I've had the golf just over two years now and currently stands at 110k on the clock.

When the Kuga has sold the golf will be getting serviced mot'd taxed and insured ready to enjoy again.

Oh and i still havent detailed her yet...........
The Following User Says Thank You to nickvw For This Useful Post:
dubb (21-03-2017)