Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-03-2017, 10:31 PM   #21
chongo
"Professor"
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5,688
Thanks: 4,386
Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,980 Posts
Garage
Cheers mate, I would only be looking to do texture levelling, just to take the peaks down on the peel, so at that price as well it's a no brainier
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 10:46 PM   #22
Sawel
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 245
Thanks: 38
Thanked 83 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Cheers mate, I would only be looking to do texture levelling, just to take the peaks down on the peel, so at that price as well it's a no brainier
Definitely a worthwhile purchase.
Sawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2017, 11:59 PM   #23
chongo
"Professor"
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5,688
Thanks: 4,386
Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,980 Posts
Garage
On to it on Sunday mate, will let you know how I get on in April
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chongo For This Useful Post:
Sawel (18-03-2017)
Old 18-03-2017, 12:12 AM   #24
Christian6984
Distinguished Detailer
 
Christian6984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 5,148
Thanks: 974
Thanked 1,238 Times in 1,172 Posts
Garage
Great Job that, couldnt even see the reflection off the landrover in the before so thats a huge difference. Could have done with these when i had my clio mk3 it was terrible for OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsh View Post
You should have tried correcting it by holding the rotary 3 foot from the panel - about the same distance the sprayer was holding the spray gun

You might have got an equally crap result

LMAO
Christian6984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Christian6984 For This Useful Post:
Sawel (18-03-2017)
Old 18-03-2017, 01:12 AM   #25
Sawel
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 245
Thanks: 38
Thanked 83 Times in 62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian6984 View Post
Great Job that, couldnt even see the reflection off the landrover in the before so thats a huge difference. Could have done with these when i had my clio mk3 it was terrible for OP



LMAO
They're definitely worthy of the cheap price. They cake up fairly quickly but with a few pads on hand, a significant difference can be achieved.
Sawel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sawel For This Useful Post:
Christian6984 (18-03-2017)
Old 18-03-2017, 07:48 AM   #26
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 2,631
Thanks: 831
Thanked 1,113 Times in 849 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawel View Post
Hi all,

I had 2 hours to spare so I attacked the worst respray job on a panel I've seen and I've seen a lot!

The car in question was a 2012 Vauxhall Astra GTC. I spent 2 hours on the panel alone and I think I got around 90% improvement. If I had more time I think I could have achieved even more but I was very impressed with the job that the Carpro Denim pads did on my Flex rotary. Yes it was fairly slow going but not as slow as wet sanding.

Some before and after pics...Still can't believe how bad the respray was.

BEFORE


AFTER


Entire car machine polished - Really happy with the outcome of the affected panel above rear wheel.

Anyone else unable to see the pictures, or just me?
steelghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 08:40 AM   #27
stangalang
king of the flexonian
 
stangalang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: saddleworth, greater manchester
Posts: 11,608
Thanks: 6,590
Thanked 8,947 Times in 4,585 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Can these pads be use with a Rupes 15 machine and a flex 3401
3401 is great until you hit harder paint, then a rotary is needed really. They suck on smaller throw machines like a das6 pro, I'm sure they would be more effective on a longer throw machine
stangalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 09:04 AM   #28
chongo
"Professor"
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5,688
Thanks: 4,386
Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,980 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangalang View Post
3401 is great until you hit harder paint, then a rotary is needed really. They suck on smaller throw machines like a das6 pro, I'm sure they would be more effective on a longer throw machine
Cheers matt

It's the Dodge Challenger that has had a full respray in the states and I've already checked it last year and it's obviously covered in orange peel and swirls and the common scratches. When I took paint reading it was showing on all panels between 300-400 microns so plenty to play with but that's not the case as I want to preserve as much clear as possible but remove/flatten the paint to ensure the reflection is vastly improved.

So matt I will be useing the flex 3401 and the demin pads, so do you recommend 101 to use and any tips on using this combo would be great mate
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 09:10 AM   #29
stangalang
king of the flexonian
 
stangalang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: saddleworth, greater manchester
Posts: 11,608
Thanks: 6,590
Thanked 8,947 Times in 4,585 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Cheers matt

It's the Dodge Challenger that has had a full respray in the states and I've already checked it last year and it's obviously covered in orange peel and swirls and the common scratches. When I took paint reading it was showing on all panels between 300-400 microns so plenty to play with but that's not the case as I want to preserve as much clear as possible but remove/flatten the paint to ensure the reflection is vastly improved.

So matt I will be useing the flex 3401 and the demin pads, so do you recommend 101 to use and any tips on using this combo would be great mate
m101 everytime mick, it seems to run the longest of all the products ive tried and as its smart its a lovely even cut. Best tip is get a compressor, and at least half a dozen pads. Keep them as clean as possible and retire them way quicker than you would a normal foam pad. Gotta keep them super clean to avoid scratching
stangalang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #30
chongo
"Professor"
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 5,688
Thanks: 4,386
Thanked 3,375 Times in 1,980 Posts
Garage
Thanks Matt much appreciated mate. Oh and when's your next get together
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors