Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 18-03-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
alfa.rbt
Washmitt Meister

Garage
K7 vs K1050P

Hi everyone, I'm looking to buy new PW as my old K2 has run out of life. I want something more powerful and as reliable or better than my k2 (lasted 5 years which I thought was gr8 run). My budget is around £300 max. I found very well priced K7 and Kranzle K1050P for similar price. My question is - which one is better and why (other than label stats) or perhaps someone can suggest even better machine for money.

Kind regards, Rob
alfa.rbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
scoobyc
Orbital Oracle

Any chance you can let us know where your finding a K7 for £300 - I've been looking for one and they seem to be just over £400? Or is it the old model rather than the "full control" advertised currently? Thanks in advance, sc.
scoobyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 08:28 PM   #3
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,243 Posts
Garage
I have seen the odd ex demo K7 on Amazon Marketplace for that sort of money. Predictably, they rarely hang around long!

I have a K7 and strongly considered the K1050 series before I decided on the K7. The main thing that swung it for me was the slower running motor in the K7 making it suitable for use with low pressure water supplies eg rain water in a butt. I now run it exclusively off stored rainwater which does an excellent job of stopping water spots on my car.

The K7 comes with a rubber and steel hose whereas at least the base K1050 has a thermoplastic type. K7 has M22 threaded connections between the hose, machine, gun and lances. The K1050 series have QR included at least for the lances. The standard K7 doesn't stop its motor when you release the trigger, it just goes into bypass mode, showing its original design brief as a machine for mobile valeters and the hire trade. The K1050 series all have "Total Stop" as standard.

Specific points of the two aside, if you can get a K7 for £300, do not hesitate, it's a great machine. But that is not generally available pricing and to anyone who would be paying the going rate, the K1050 (with a rubber hose, even if you have to buy it separately) is one of the best machines for the money in my opinion.

You could also look at the Nilfisk P150 for that sort of budget, which is another very solid machine which gets great write-ups on here, although I have no direct experience with it myself.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
alfa.rbt (18-03-2017)
Old 18-03-2017, 09:29 PM   #4
scoobyc
Orbital Oracle

Seems like there are 3 K7 karcher versions!

K7 compact home
K7 Premium ecologic
K7 Premium full control (most recently launched one with water cooled pump)
scoobyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2017, 09:36 PM   #5
alfa.rbt
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I have seen the odd ex demo K7 on Amazon Marketplace for that sort of money. Predictably, they rarely hang around long!

I have a K7 and strongly considered the K1050 series before I decided on the K7. The main thing that swung it for me was the slower running motor in the K7 making it suitable for use with low pressure water supplies eg rain water in a butt. I now run it exclusively off stored rainwater which does an excellent job of stopping water spots on my car.

The K7 comes with a rubber and steel hose whereas at least the base K1050 has a thermoplastic type. K7 has M22 threaded connections between the hose, machine, gun and lances. The K1050 series have QR included at least for the lances. The standard K7 doesn't stop its motor when you release the trigger, it just goes into bypass mode, showing its original design brief as a machine for mobile valeters and the hire trade. The K1050 series all have "Total Stop" as standard.

Specific points of the two aside, if you can get a K7 for £300, do not hesitate, it's a great machine. But that is not generally available pricing and to anyone who would be paying the going rate, the K1050 (with a rubber hose, even if you have to buy it separately) is one of the best machines for the money in my opinion.

You could also look at the Nilfisk P150 for that sort of budget, which is another very solid machine which gets great write-ups on here, although I have no direct experience with it myself.
Gr8, thanks mate. As I'm looking to run in from the tap through water filter I think K1050 is a favourite atm
Old 18-03-2017, 10:32 PM   #6
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 1,652 Times in 1,243 Posts
Garage
I've realised I've got the Kränzle HD7/122 (which is often referred to as the K7) and the Kärcher K7 mixed up. Hey ho. For your budget the K1050 series is still the best choice IMO.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
alfa.rbt (18-03-2017)
Old 18-03-2017, 10:42 PM   #7
alfa.rbt
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I've realised I've got the Kränzle HD7/122 (which is often referred to as the K7) and the Kärcher K7 mixed up. Hey ho. For your budget the K1050 series is still the best choice IMO.
HD7/122 is a bit out of my price range tbh but I'm sure k1050 will do me nicely. Thanks for input
Old 19-03-2017, 01:44 AM   #8
Mcpx
Orbital Oracle

You can still get the Karcher K7 Compact from Homebase for £260.
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mcpx For This Useful Post:
alfa.rbt (19-03-2017)
Old 19-03-2017, 07:43 AM   #9
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,374 Times in 987 Posts
The kranzles have a brass pump and are pretty bulletproof. Karcher have an aluminium pump.

Last edited by fatdazza; 19-03-2017 at 07:46 AM.
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 09:04 AM   #10
Bigpikle
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,833 Times in 1,856 Posts
I've had my Kranzle 1050 for donkeys years and its been superb

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...hlight=kranzle

I cant comment on the Karcher as I've only ever had domestic duty versions and they all crap out after 18 months use, but the Kranzle has been running 8 years with only 1 minor and simply fixed fault.
Bigpikle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigpikle For This Useful Post:
alfa.rbt (19-03-2017)