Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 19-03-2017, 10:09 AM   #11
alfa.rbt
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpikle View Post
I've had my Kranzle 1050 for donkeys years and its been superb

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...hlight=kranzle

I cant comment on the Karcher as I've only ever had domestic duty versions and they all crap out after 18 months use, but the Kranzle has been running 8 years with only 1 minor and simply fixed fault.
Nice review there mate, I think I'm sold on 1050!
alfa.rbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 10:40 AM   #12
Forsh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
latest K7 Premium full control £408 @ Costco

Forsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2017, 10:56 AM   #13
Bigpikle
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,861 Times in 1,870 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa.rbt View Post
Nice review there mate, I think I'm sold on 1050!
I like mine and run it from a rain water tank, with a pump to the PW. Its quite noisy (but which PW isnt?) and doesnt have the water cut off so it runs all the time, which I need anyway as having a pumped high pressure water feed will knacker the seals if the pump isnt cycling it all the time anyway.

Enjoy - I think they are a quality bit of kit with good backup and would 100% buy mine again.
Bigpikle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigpikle For This Useful Post:
alfa.rbt (23-03-2017)
Old 19-03-2017, 02:57 PM   #14
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,171 Times in 1,639 Posts
Garage
Worth mentioning that Bigpikle's machine (the 1152) is an altogether bigger and uh, badder assed machine than the K1050 series machines.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
alfa.rbt (23-03-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #15
Gatsojon
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I have seen the odd ex demo K7 on Amazon Marketplace for that sort of money. Predictably, they rarely hang around long!

I have a K7 and strongly considered the K1050 series before I decided on the K7. The main thing that swung it for me was the slower running motor in the K7 making it suitable for use with low pressure water supplies eg rain water in a butt. I now run it exclusively off stored rainwater which does an excellent job of stopping water spots on my car.

The K7 comes with a rubber and steel hose whereas at least the base K1050 has a thermoplastic type. K7 has M22 threaded connections between the hose, machine, gun and lances. The K1050 series have QR included at least for the lances. The standard K7 doesn't stop its motor when you release the trigger, it just goes into bypass mode, showing its original design brief as a machine for mobile valeters and the hire trade. The K1050 series all have "Total Stop" as standard.

Specific points of the two aside, if you can get a K7 for £300, do not hesitate, it's a great machine. But that is not generally available pricing and to anyone who would be paying the going rate, the K1050 (with a rubber hose, even if you have to buy it separately) is one of the best machines for the money in my opinion.

You could also look at the Nilfisk P150 for that sort of budget, which is another very solid machine which gets great write-ups on here, although I have no direct experience with it myself.
Running from water butts is my main requirement for my next washer. My head is about 1.5 m when they are nearly full (they always are in Manchester!). Is that similar to yours? My current K4.200 struggles.
Gatsojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #16
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,171 Times in 1,639 Posts
Garage
You can read about my setup here.

I'm toying with the idea of a 1000l IBC tank instead of the water butts, as in the current dry weather I've actually exhausted the water supply just on the garden. At least the car stays looking good when it's dry weather!
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:30 PM   #17
Forsh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
I have an Aldi submersible pump in my butt (Am I on the correct website?) - It's below ground level, to run my K2 with no problems

Forsh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Forsh For This Useful Post:
steelghost (11-05-2017)
Old 11-05-2017, 03:38 PM   #18
Bigpikle
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,861 Times in 1,870 Posts
The tank that drives my Kranzle is a 900L water tank about 30' from my PW and driven by a small pump via a standard diameter length of hosepipe.

Because I don't use the PW unless it's really dirty I find I never run out of water in the big tank but have already emptied a standard water butt this spring simply filling buckets 1 gallon at a time!
Bigpikle is offline   Reply With Quote