Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 20-03-2017, 02:54 PM   #11
markcaughey
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteCarCare View Post
So if I'm reading this correctly...

Wash Method
Rinse
Citrus pre wash
Rinse
Snow foam
Rinse
Snow foam
washed with pads and mitts
Dried, patted dry with CarPro fat green BOA drying towel ( excuse the fluffs )

You're not actually washing with any shampoo, you're just using the snowfoam as the wash chemical?

If this is the case then you will definitely get some sort of marring as the snowfoam won't be lubricated like a good shampoo is and will not offer any protection against marring.

Or have I missunderstood the post and you did use a shampoo?

Alex

Sorry yeah shampoo was used plus 2 bucket method with grit guards, just thought That would go without saying on here but your right enough I will add that in.
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to markcaughey For This Useful Post:
EliteCarCare (20-03-2017)
Old 20-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #12
EliteCarCare
Approved DW Trader

Thanked 2,348 Times in 1,647 Posts
Send a message via MSN to EliteCarCare
No worries, definitely worth mentioning which shampoo you used as it's an important part of the test.

Contact us on 01628 671213 for friendly advice or to place an order.

EliteCarCare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EliteCarCare For This Useful Post:
cheekymonkey (09-04-2017)
Old 20-03-2017, 03:14 PM   #13
DrEskimo
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I still find it incredible that the Adam's washmitt, as fluffy as it is with all that pre-wash and shampoo, can still cause damage....

I would very much like to see this test repeated with Gtechniq

Would also like to see it with just a wax, but appreciate that's a tall ask :P
DrEskimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 03:50 PM   #14
sm81
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,093 Times in 970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcaughey View Post
I don't have any waterless wash products and would be a waste of money to get any as I would never use them. I would happily do a test if someone wants to send me some product to use. Aslong as it's before I do the coatings.
I don't have at the moment any but maybe somebody can send him small sample bottles that we can read nice review about them.

Last edited by sm81; 20-03-2017 at 04:06 PM.
sm81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 04:58 PM   #15
Teufel
Washmitt Meister

Use both the dooka wash pad and the Adams pad both are great in my opinion prefer the Adams a little bit more but it's too big for some task why I still got the dooka pad .
Can it be that you paint is really soft ?
Did you remove fillers from the polishes b4 your drive with panel wipe or Isonol ?
Both my cars look spot on , my work car is black get a wash every week and looks after 10k still like new , got trouble to see the pad caused it.
Teufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 05:17 PM   #16
jamiepollock643
PC Perfectionist

I regularly use the Adams wash pads, two differently marked ones, one top one bottom and a small dooka for the very bottom. Personally both of our cars are hard paint but never had any issues at all with the Adams pad using gyeon bathe/Adams shampoo/G-Wash/Nanolex pure as regular shampoo, gyeon is like an ultimate combo of slickness and suds however.
jamiepollock643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #17
markcaughey
Orbital Oracle

Never really thought of the shampoo having much of an impact. Adams stuff is good but doesn't really seem that slick, what would people recommend as a shampoo for soft paint ?
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 05:46 PM   #18
Teufel
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcaughey View Post
Never really thought of the shampoo having much of an impact. Adams stuff is good but doesn't really seem that slick, what would people recommend as a shampoo for soft paint ?
Find the Adams shampoo really good my direct favorite after Zaino Z7.
Always add 30ml of ONR to my wash bucked as Nd let my pad soak in it for good 15-20 minutes feels it adds some lubrication .
Teufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2017, 05:59 PM   #19
Surrey Sam
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Great write up.

I'd like to see someone do a similar comparison between a Wash Mitt & Wash Pad from the same manufacturer company.

I'm sure wash pads inflict more marring from having to apply downward pressure. A wash mitt on the other hand (pun intended) allows you to manoeuvre the wash medium around the panels without having to create downward pressure.
Surrey Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Surrey Sam For This Useful Post:
MBRuss (11-04-2017)
Old 20-03-2017, 06:25 PM   #20
uggski
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrey Sam View Post
Great write up.

I'd like to see someone do a similar comparison between a Wash Mitt & Wash Pad from the same manufacturer company.

I'm sure wash pads inflict more marring from having to apply downward pressure. A wash mitt on the other hand (pun intended) allows you to manoeuvre the wash medium around the panels without having to create downward pressure.
I have the Adams Wash Pad and you don't need to apply any pressure. The weight of the wet pad is more than enough.

Lately I have noticed minor swirls in the paint on my Nissan Juke. Not sure if it is from the pad. I think it's more likely that it's from the grime the car picks up as it's the DD.

I think it's my wash method as I can't always wash the car as often as I would like in winter due to only being able to do it on weekends and the weather not always cooperating. So the dirt accumulates and is really hard to get off even with a snow foam, prewash and Powermaxed TFR. So ideally experimenting with getting as much of the grime off before touching it with any sort of pad or washmitt.

Any recommendations welcome.
uggski is online now   Reply With Quote