Detailing World Forum banner

Vertool 12e mini DA vs Rupes lhr75 mini DA

11K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  In2detailing 
#1 ·
Are these the same but a different price? The throw and pad acceptance is the same.

I contacted CYC who have said the Vertool's overheating problem has been solved with a new design.

#3 ·
If the heating issue has been solved and you're not using the polisher every day/weekend I'd say the vertool 12e is a good machine.

I bought a rupes mini because of the overheating issue with the vertool 12e but I'm very pleased with my vertool das-21e instead of the rupes lhr21 as a weekend warrior.

#4 ·
I considered the Vertool back when it was still getting warm, but ended up going for the Rupes. I really enjoy using it.

I also bought a Vertool DAS-21E, which was nice to use, though the quality wasn't quite Rupes level. I ended up getting a Bigfoot 21 when eBay were doing their 20% discount offer around Xmas time, so sold my 21E.

I don't need the Rupes machines, but I do like having them.

#10 · (Edited)
I Have Vertools 12e from CYC since last year. No overheating problems having done my mums car (107) and daughters (Jazz) carover since purchasing. It seems as robust as the Kestrel DAS Pro that it replaced. With the larger throw and smallish size, it is easy for the amateur to wield, but also more powerful and therefore quicker on panels than the DAS machine.

I was contempleting buying a Rupes machine, but really see no eveidence to say that they are any more reliable, let alone 2X reliable as their price premium might suggest.

It was this thread, and total lack of response from Rupes, on this very public forum, that made me decide against Rupes. Just about to get a Vertools 21e which looks like a bargain compared to the Rupes offering.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=380727

Amazed their was no response from manufacturer nor compromises offer for lightly used machine just out of warranty. Poor service at that premium pricing.

#12 ·
I'm still undecided between a rupes 75e and the in2detailing one. I know when I swapped my das6 to a rupes the difference was night and day.

I know the rupes is double the price but it will be better quality, a lot of development goes into the Rupes.

Another thing to think about is, what happens in 18 months time if your machine stops working. You can repair the rupes I don't think you can get spares for the others.

#16 ·
I'm still undecided between a rupes 75e and the in2detailing one. I know when I swapped my das6 to a rupes the difference was night and day.

I know the rupes is double the price but it will be better quality, a lot of development goes into the Rupes.

Another thing to think about is, what happens in 18 months time if your machine stops working. You can repair the rupes I don't think you can get spares for the others.
For me as you say R & D count for a lot the rupes is likely to be a better balanced machine so less chance of vibration white finger, I used the rupes yesterday trying some polishangel polishes and glasscoat not one hint of tingling fingers

#13 ·
For me the Rupes is not worth it. I'm just getting into this - hoping to do my first polish around the cars in a few weeks. I just need a smaller machine to get into the smaller areas that my das6 pro plus (D6PP) can't do because it doesn't take less than a 5" plate (yes I know I should have checked beforehand!).

I think given the Vertool has a larger throw (12mm) vs the in2detailing mini (9mm) I suspect the in2detailing one is more appropriate for me (D6PP has a 15mm throw)... Was just hoping for at least one positive review before buying... Might contact in2detailing and check with them if there's any online resource or review - or maybe a satisfaction guarantee they'll give...

#14 ·
For me the Rupes is not worth it. I'm just getting into this - hoping to do my first polish around the cars in a few weeks. I just need a smaller machine to get into the smaller areas that my das6 pro plus (D6PP) can't do because it doesn't take less than a 5" plate (yes I know I should have checked beforehand!).
Good to know I'm not alone in that [emoji38]

#24 ·
So I've ordered the in2detailing mini Da. Will check it out probably next week when I get to doing my first ever polishing and detailing with gtechniq c1, exo and angelwax on the windows...
Ok so unfortunately the plug was damaged on the DA unit I got. However, it was a massive thing (about the same size as the DAS6PP i got from in2detailing). Trying to organise a return with in2detailing now. Will probably end up getting the vertool that means... Apparently the heat issues have been sorted now.

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.