Detailing World Forum banner

Are all snowfoam lances the same?

5K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  LeeH 
#1 ·
There are a lot of vendors around and prices vary greatly, but to me they all look the same, does their performance vary at all?

Thanks

#2 ·
In my head (and I'm happy to be proved wrong) they all function on the same method, I've had my £20 fleebay one for over 3 years and have had no issues, I cannot see that one costing two or three times as much will be 2 or three times better.

IMO better to save that extra cash and put it towards a wax rather than a branded one which may (or may not) be exactly the same as a generic one without a sticker on it.

like I said I would be happy to be proved wrong though.

#3 ·
I have to agree with Col.

I have 2 foam lances. An expensive one that was around £60 from Autobrite Direct, roughly 9 years ago. I saw a cheap one from Direct Hoses for around £25 a few years back, after some teething problems (please don't ask lol) it has been absolutely grand. Both have performed perfectly well, and I can't honestly see where the price difference is.

The gauze needs changed in both, periodically. And when stripping down, they're almost identical.

I'd happily give the £15 one a go. What's the worst that can happen.

Cooks

#6 ·
In my experience I would say that that Karcher snow foam lance is not great at all. The difference between it and a generic £20 effort with the brass fitting on top is considerable with the latter producing much more foam.

(that said, I don't really use the snow foam lance at all now having seen the pump sprayer light)

#11 ·
I’m assuming they’re all the same?
Just what Halfords has off the shelf as my K2 didn’t come woth one.
But I have dodo apple ifoam, fill upto the 1st mark on the bottle and then fill the rest up with tap water, stick it on the lance and it works perfect.

I use it on ‘full blast’ btw, never turned it down to see what difference it makes

#12 ·
I'm assuming they're all the same?
Just what Halfords has off the shelf as my K2 didn't come woth one.
But I have dodo apple ifoam, fill upto the 1st mark on the bottle and then fill the rest up with tap water, stick it on the lance and it works perfect.

I use it on 'full blast' btw, never turned it down to see what difference it makes
I think I misunderstood you, I thought you were using a Kärcher snow foam lance?

#16 ·
I've had an unbranded £20 ebay one and paid £50 for Autobrite and both are exactly the same, both are not particularly good quality and both produce the same level of foam. The difference - losing £20 doesn't feel as bad as losing £50!

A quick look on Aliexpress shows that there are only a couple of variants of the same lance so it's probably just a rebranding exercise for the most part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.