Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #1
monkfishh
Sponge Jockey

First ever detail/Renaultsport Clio 172

I ummm'd and arrrr'd about making this first post. An amateur amongst experts! Also, my car is old and has seen many better days. But I thought I would show you guys a few pictures anyways...

I bought this old clio at the back end of January this year. I committed every dont in the book - dark and tipping with rain for starters! But she drove well and sounded nice, and has a decent service history, including those important belts! Thats not to say I haven't spent anything since though...

The first time I saw her under some sunshine though, I was a bit gutted. The paint was deeply marked with swirls, lime marks on the roof, chips all over the bonnet and front bumper and the bottom of the bumper has certainly seen a few low curbs, as have the wheels. That's not even mentioning how dirty inside was!

So over the course of a few weekends and using nothing but muscle power and some tips I had read on here, I set to work trying to give the old girl a bit of shine back. I didn't take any before pics, although I wish I had now!

I did my clean with the following bits and bobs:
AutoGlym body shampoo
AutoGlym Wheel Cleaner
Dodo Juice Ferrous Dueller
Mags Clay (2 bloody bars!)
Dodo Juice Lime Prime (a lot of)
Dodo Juice Blue Velvet (2 coats)
Around 100,000,000 microfibre towels/buffing cloths

I think she came out OK... the only thing I really had trouble with was cleaning out the spaces between the badges on the tailgate. I will keep at it with those because they are the original badges and I like to keep things as original as I can. I will also get the wheels refurbished at about the same time I put new tyres on.

I hope my efforts don't offend too much!

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p418/monkfishh/20170429_192608_zpsapl1ic4y.jpg

Just thought I would add a couple of pics of the beading I took in the rain the other day...

Last edited by monkfishh; 23-05-2017 at 08:24 PM.
monkfishh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to monkfishh For This Useful Post:
ah234 (09-05-2017), chongo (10-05-2017), Cookies (10-05-2017), JoeyJoeJo (09-05-2017), paulgjohnston (14-05-2017), Rowan83 (10-05-2017), Sicskate (09-05-2017), sshooie (15-05-2017), Steve_6R (13-05-2017)