Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Interior & Glass
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interior & Glass Discuss All your Interior Issue - Dash - Seats and All the Car Glass Areas - Interior Dressing, Leather etc

Old 14-09-2018, 09:51 AM   #1
WristyManchego
Unwashed Member

Recommend an interior plastics AIO

My interior game is solid and I enjoy it well cleaned with a subtle finish.

Currently using Sonax Cockpit cleaner on plastics and love it however it would be nice to have a similar product which has o-the-so-slight extra dressing/finish to it.

Share with me your go-to interior AIO.

Bonus points if its cheaper... you can tear through a lot of product if the interior has been silicone dressed.
WristyManchego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #2
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post

Currently using Sonax Cockpit cleaner on plastics and love it however it would be nice to have a similar product which has o-the-so-slight extra dressing/finish to it.

Bonus points if its cheaper... you can tear through a lot of product if the interior has been silicone dressed.
I dont think such a thing exists, I mean you can get a interior quick detailer like AF spritz thats what I use on the dash and dials buy its self, but I allways wipe down the lower parts with Valet Pro citrus pre wash diluted for interior before wiping with the interior quick detailer as AF spritz doesn't have that much cleaning power.

I dont think their is an effective cleaner that also dresses the plastic as a good cleaner will break down the dressing so it really needs to be a 2 step process for any ware more than mildly dirty/dusty
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 10:24 AM   #3
Radish293
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
I would try this KOCH CHEMIE REFRESH COCKPIT CARE cracking good stuff. Jon on Forensic detailing Chanel reviewed a lot of their products which encouraged me to get some. really good product. there is also a trade range version which is double the amount for a similar price, KOCH CHEMIE TOP STAR not used it so can't comment.
Radish293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #4
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radish293 View Post
I would try this KOCH CHEMIE REFRESH COCKPIT CARE cracking good stuff. Jon on Forensic detailing Chanel reviewed a lot of their products which encouraged me to get some. really good product. there is also a trade range version which is double the amount for a similar price, KOCH CHEMIE TOP STAR not used it so can't comment.
How well does it clean, ive got 2 soon to be 3 kids under 3 years of age and they get milk and greasy hands on plastics will it clean the likes of that?
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 10:50 AM   #5
WristyManchego
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Very interested. I'll check out Jon's review.
Old 14-09-2018, 11:32 AM   #6
WristyManchego
Unwashed Member

Quote:
The review is fairly brief but it seems to be the only one in English.

Love the idea of the product; cleans, protects and dresses in one.

My initial thoughts:
  • It seems a dash glossy for my tastes, I prefer an OEM look but still very tolerable for a protectant.
  • Applying it by a pad/cloth indicates it's more on the dressing/protectant side than a cleaner. I won't be shy in saying I'm asking for a lot here but I do like the way the Sonax can be sprayed and agitated with a brush then flashes to an even coat.

Having said this, I'd still be well keen to try it out. Thanks for the rec.
Old 14-09-2018, 11:38 AM   #7
Radish293

Garage
Sorry I donít really think itís a cleaner dressing all in one. But it leaves a nice Satin OEM finish when dry. I would give the surface a wipe with Koch Chemie Pol Star. Which is seriously good value for money. Itís £6.50 a litre which dilutes for use heavily. Really good cleaner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Radish293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2018, 11:17 PM   #8
tosh

Recommend an interior plastics AIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post

If youíre talking about Sonax Cockpit (not the Xtreme) then try the Xtreme version. Itís got a better dressed finish over the Matt-effect sprays.

The next step up is Koch Chemie TopStar. Proper deep black OEM finish, but not an AIO, itís a dressing after the surface is clean.

I havenít tried the consumer Refresh Cockpit Care, but I guess itís more like the cleaner+protectant in one youíre looking for.

If youíre cleaning up a lot of silicone, then Koch Chemie Greenstar APC at 20:1 will do the job cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by tosh; 14-09-2018 at 11:19 PM.
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2018, 12:03 AM   #9
WristyManchego
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosh View Post
If youíre talking about Sonax Cockpit (not the Xtreme) then try the Xtreme version. Itís got a better dressed finish over the Matt-effect sprays.

The next step up is Koch Chemie TopStar. Proper deep black OEM finish, but not an AIO, itís a dressing after the surface is clean.

I havenít tried the consumer Refresh Cockpit Care, but I guess itís more like the cleaner+protectant in one youíre looking for.

If youíre cleaning up a lot of silicone, then Koch Chemie Greenstar APC at 20:1 will do the job cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks for the suggestions Tosh.

The version I have is actually 'extreme' however it's quite old, nigh on 7 years (I've been trying to use up a bulk product I bought a while back) so I might pick up a freshie and see if the formula has changed.

Diluted APC and a super matte spray dressing might be a good 2-step option.

I'm absolutely loving how the Sonax flashes so small gaps aren't left with residue and you aren't penalised for missing a bit here and there with the microfibre wipedown.

The only reason a slight nudge on the dressing/finish is preferable is to add a little more 'masking' to any rubbed/scuffed plastics. The matte finish is nice but if the car has been properly used then it can tend to leave marks visible.
Old 15-09-2018, 10:19 AM   #10
kingswood
Orbital Oracle

Aerospace Protectant 303

bought this and its expensive but works well
kingswood is offline   Reply With Quote