Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
Starbuck88
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Starbuck88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 3,125
Thanks: 5,039
Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,685 Posts
Garage
Ordering Photo Prints in Frames - Recommendations

Hi All,

Wondering if anybody could recommend an online shop that can print high quality photos in white frames.

Got quite a few nice photos of our 6 month old daughter from birth and want to start getting a few up around the house.

Kindest Regards

Last edited by Starbuck88; 27-03-2018 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Starbuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 05:21 PM   #2
gatecrasher3
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 978
Thanks: 380
Thanked 284 Times in 225 Posts
Let me help you by bumping the thread as I would also be grateful for recommendations.
gatecrasher3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
dhali
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 231
Thanks: 36
Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatecrasher3 View Post
Let me help you by bumping the thread as I would also be grateful for recommendations.
I would like to know as well
dhali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2018, 06:17 PM   #4
Starbuck88
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Starbuck88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 3,125
Thanks: 5,039
Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,685 Posts
Garage
Well... as there were no recommendations, (always like to at least ask as then you have some evidence of a good job before ordering)...so I just did a bit of searching.

I ended up ordering a print from Photobox, https://www.photobox.co.uk/

They don't do frames, so I searched through eBay and to work out mounting board and frame size etc there is a really useful seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Pic...item41d8622835

Just select the size of what print you have, they then send the appropriate frame and mount board.

Here's to hoping it's all of good quality! Should all turn up this week.
Starbuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starbuck88 For This Useful Post:
Cookies (28-03-2018), gatecrasher3 (29-03-2018)
Old 28-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #5
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer
 
Cookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: County Down
Posts: 6,895
Thanks: 11,760
Thanked 5,202 Times in 3,781 Posts
Garage
Must have a look at photobox too. I'll order a massive picture of Cookie Monster for the living room.

I'll see how long it takes my wife to notice lol.

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
Starbuck88 (28-03-2018)
Old 28-03-2018, 06:39 PM   #6
Starbuck88
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Starbuck88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 3,125
Thanks: 5,039
Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,685 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies View Post
Must have a look at photobox too. I'll order a massive picture of Cookie Monster for the living room.

I'll see how long it takes my wife to notice lol.

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
DO IT!
Starbuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Starbuck88 For This Useful Post:
Cookies (28-03-2018)
Old 29-03-2018, 02:57 PM   #7
gatecrasher3
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 978
Thanks: 380
Thanked 284 Times in 225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck88 View Post
Well... as there were no recommendations, (always like to at least ask as then you have some evidence of a good job before ordering)...so I just did a bit of searching.

I ended up ordering a print from Photobox, https://www.photobox.co.uk/

They don't do frames, so I searched through eBay and to work out mounting board and frame size etc there is a really useful seller:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-Pic...item41d8622835

Just select the size of what print you have, they then send the appropriate frame and mount board.

Here's to hoping it's all of good quality! Should all turn up this week.
Just ordered a print and frame to check out the quality.

Thanks for the info
gatecrasher3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gatecrasher3 For This Useful Post:
Starbuck88 (29-03-2018)
Old 29-03-2018, 05:59 PM   #8
Starbuck88
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Starbuck88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 3,125
Thanks: 5,039
Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,685 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatecrasher3 View Post
Just ordered a print and frame to check out the quality.

Thanks for the info
Photo Print (Photobox) and Frame (eBay) both turned up today. Absolutely brilliant. The quality of the print is fantastic. I chose a matte finish. The frame is better quality than I was expecting to be honest so chuffed with it!

£16 in total if you chose the free delivery options. I'm impatient and paid nearly £10 extra total to speed up shipping on both items haha.

Can order more now!


Edit - Make sure you pull off the protective layer on both sides of the perspex.

Last edited by Starbuck88; 29-03-2018 at 06:19 PM.
Starbuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors