Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Eco Friendly Detailing
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eco Friendly Detailing Talk About all your Eco Products here - Waterless wash / Steam cleaning etc

Old 03-05-2018, 03:58 PM   #11
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyro-son View Post
Great work. Recently I've only been able to ONR wash due to time or access to hoses. It's a great product.
If you look over the roof of my car in the first picture you'll see a house porch with a pointed ^ roof. That's my house, too far away to reach with any services.
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:22 PM   #12
lowejackson
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,960 Times in 2,514 Posts
Nice work, the car looks great. Glad you like ONR but don't forget ONR can also be used on the interior for light cleaning. Also great for inside the home, much cheaper and better than traditional polishing sprays and does not attract dust like the domestic products

If you are frequently interrupted during washing, one of the nice things about ONR is if it dries on the paint you will get nothing other than a polymer water spot which will easily be removed by adding more ONR.
lowejackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:36 PM   #13
Andyblue

Thanked 1,598 Times in 1,426 Posts
Oh very nice, has come up well and nope, you're never too old

I've got my father in law doing his car now more often and better than he's ever done, as I've passed lots of products along to him, oh that and emotionally blackmailed him as well as giving him lots of grief when it's dirty
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:49 PM   #14
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 5,124 Times in 3,744 Posts
Garage
That looks absolutely fantastic, Harry. Really stunning colour, and looking so the better for your good work.

As regards the two hours, I'm of a similar vein. I pause, chat to folk, do a bit. Have a cuppa. Do a bit more etc etc. I can happily pass an entire evening tinkering at the cars.
Keep up the great work.

Cheers

Niall
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 09:51 AM   #15
westerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejackson View Post
Nice work, the car looks great. Glad you like ONR but don't forget ONR can also be used on the interior for light cleaning. Also great for inside the home, much cheaper and better than traditional polishing sprays and does not attract dust like the domestic products

If you are frequently interrupted during washing, one of the nice things about ONR is if it dries on the paint you will get nothing other than a polymer water spot which will easily be removed by adding more ONR.
Thanks for the tips and advice. Looks like you tempted me to play even more with the stuff. It's certainly versatile and I also love the finish ONR gives around door shuts boot etc.

Harry
Old 05-05-2018, 09:57 AM   #16
westerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookies View Post
That looks absolutely fantastic, Harry. Really stunning colour, and looking so the better for your good work.

As regards the two hours, I'm of a similar vein. I pause, chat to folk, do a bit. Have a cuppa. Do a bit more etc etc. I can happily pass an entire evening tinkering at the cars.
Keep up the great work.

Cheers

Niall
Hi Niall,
Thank you for your kind remarks. Yes I love the colour and it's one of those colours you can achieve a 'wet look' with the right products which I like. Had a couple of light coloured cars and although they can look great, never looked 'wet'.
I totally agree and can empathise with your ' clean, talk, cuppa' routine. Why would you rush cleaning the car? It's a labour of love.
The Following User Says Thank You to westerman For This Useful Post:
Cookies (05-05-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 10:00 AM   #17
westerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
Oh very nice, has come up well and nope, you're never too old

I've got my father in law doing his car now more often and better than he's ever done, as I've passed lots of products along to him, oh that and emotionally blackmailed him as well as giving him lots of grief when it's dirty
Son in Law goes to work in his van and leaves his car on the drive. He's not too far away so I like to pop around and spruce it up for him. It's a Saab and being a rag top I only have to do the bottom bit so not too bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to westerman For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (05-05-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 11:22 AM   #18
BrummyPete

Good work there with ONR, I bought some at Waxstock last year and struggled with using it, think I may have to crack open the bottle again and give it some time to grow on me.
BrummyPete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 12:07 PM   #19
FiestaRed
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by westerman View Post
Son in Law goes to work in his van and leaves his car on the drive. He's not too far away so I like to pop around and spruce it up for him. It's a Saab and being a rag top I only have to do the bottom bit so not too bad.
Have you thought about doing the other cars on your estate? You could be sitting on a small goldmine there, I can just imagine the queue of cars waiting for a finish like that.

Way better than the local scratchy £5 car wash and, as you say, you're never to old.
FiestaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #20
westerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestaRed View Post
Have you thought about doing the other cars on your estate? You could be sitting on a small goldmine there, I can just imagine the queue of cars waiting for a finish like that.

Way better than the local scratchy £5 car wash and, as you say, you're never to old.
I've had it suggested to me before but I'm happy just to potter as and when it suits.