Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here.

Old 13-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #21
rubberducky1957
Washmitt Meister

Oh boy, just couldn't do that daily to an M2 I'd need to buy something cheap n disposable to run around in in poor weather............
rubberducky1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 05:12 PM   #22
Philb1965
PC Perfectionist

I'm in the same boat mate, my M2 is my daily and I live out in the sticks in Devon, the car is covered in crap in no time! Mine is going in on Monday for nearly a full PPF as I can't deal with scuffs chips and scrapes. The detailer is putting kamikaze surface coat on the PPF so any crud should be easy to deal with....I hope.

PS. LBB is the best colour and the MPE sounds brilliant
Philb1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 09:34 PM   #23
Blue
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADPHONES View Post
Wow...... that's really grim
Definately get one of these.
https://youtu.be/MZ6f1AG6I7o
In the boot along with 2x5 litre bottles of water would be enough to rinse down the car when you get past the road when going out, then back in the car to continue your journey.
Another quick rinse on returning home with a regular pressure washer or using the Hydroshot again.
Deffo get a spare battery too.
Quite like that idea. I'd also say get a water softener at home, then you'll be able to just blast it clean with a bit snowfoam and a pressure rinse (although I'm doubtful the Worx thing will be powerful enough on it's own?). You'll find that with the aid of good snowfoam you'll get the thick off no bother at all.

Added advantage is that the house water is much better as well then too, so cleaning bathrooms and sinks etc. becomes much easier! I got mine from eBay and a professional to come fit it, rather than pay full prices for a unit.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 09:19 AM   #24
ollienoclue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I'd sooner drive through legions of carp daily than live in a built up area. Parking issues, vandalism, mindless morons, noise, no thanks. You just have to be philosophical about it. Either garage the M2 for the summer months and buy a run around hatch second hand, or just get good at foaming and pressure washing the car once a fortnight.

There is no way I would move because of my damned car.
ollienoclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 05:34 PM   #25
rubberducky1957
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollienoclue View Post
I'd sooner drive through legions of carp daily than live in a built up area. Parking issues, vandalism, mindless morons, noise, no thanks. You just have to be philosophical about it. Either garage the M2 for the summer months and buy a run around hatch second hand, or just get good at foaming and pressure washing the car once a fortnight.

There is no way I would move because of my damned car.
There's an error in your first sentence, it ought to read shoals of carp You're right about built up areas though, out in the sticks all the way where the best neighbours can neither be seen nor heard..........or am I just suffering from urban overload?
rubberducky1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 06:50 PM   #26
JAISCOSSIE
Washmitt Meister

Buy a car you don’t care so much about. I sold my 6 month old mercedes C63s and bought a 5 year old Volvo and I’m just as happy, I still look after it but am no where as ocd with it than I was with the Amg.
JAISCOSSIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 06:54 PM   #27
JAISCOSSIE
Washmitt Meister

Also I don’t get why people spend so much time and money on a new car that’s on pcp that they don’t even own. Waste of time and you will get no more for it come trade in time.
If you live in a rented house you don’t spend loads of money decorating it or buying new carpets now do you..
JAISCOSSIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2018, 07:20 PM   #28
LeeH
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Fed Up!

PCP is great for those who want a particular car they cannot really afford.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
LeeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2018, 01:37 PM   #29
Tykebike
Sponge Jockey

Have you thought about an old Land Rover County? The more dirt, the better the image!
Tykebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2018, 12:48 AM   #30
DoZZa
Unwashed Member

Well, thanks for the insight chaps!

But I aint moving, ever!

I do have a second car, a Subaru Forester, but I now hate driving it after having the M2 for a while now. I paid a LOT of money for the M2 and I just cant stick it in a garage to collect dust over the winter while I could be having fun driving it. More fun to be had when the roads are as slippery as they are right now!

I've lived in the same place for 30 years, and this is the worst this particular road has ever been! It really is only down to the work that the farmers have had to do.

I looked at the portable power washer, wasn't overwhelmed with its performance to be totally honest, but didnt expect much from a battery operated pressure washer! Even if it was good, having to wash the car after each drive down that road is something that I am not prepared to do!

So, I'll have to live with it for now. Like some of you say, living in the country has its up and downsides!
DoZZa is offline   Reply With Quote