Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 28-08-2018, 07:51 PM   #1
kev2005
Unwashed Member

Pressure Washer Query

Hi all ,

New to the forum so apologies if this is in the wrong section, feel free to move accordingly.

I'm very much a novice at this and tend to always get swirls on the car when i clean it so hoping a pressure washer will help reduce these.

I've been considering getting a pressure washer for a while now but haven't quiet taken the plunge yet, seen a few around and wanted to get some advise.

I've seen some videos of Kranzle pressure washers and I like the idea of having a small Kranzle pressure washer, thinking maybe the HD 10/122 with a view to using it to wash the car and to also clean path/drive. However, i'm unsure if the Kranzle HD 10/122 has enough power for cleaning the path/drive? Could anyone advise? Also, is there any guides to working out what size quick disconnects I would need to connect the hose to garden tap?
Also thinking about getting a Mozmatic wand/gun to. Also any suggestions for a garden hose as I don't have one at present as only have a small garden. Downside is I would need to run the hose from the tap at the back of the property right the way round to the front as i don't have a front tap. May look at see how difficult it would be to add one and at what cost at a later date.

Due to space limitations, the HD 10/122 could sit on a shelf and take up little space and when needed was thinking maybe putting it on something like a stool on wheels to push it around as I think it weighs a fair bit to be carrying around.

Many thanks for your help.

Kev
kev2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 12:41 AM   #2
bigbruiser
Orbital Oracle

Welcome kev

As you may have guessed this question has been asked many times so get the kettle on and get some reading in

Steel's post here will start you and answer a fair few questions to get you started

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=401943
bigbruiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 03:01 PM   #3
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
Hi Kev

Welcome to DW. I have the 7/122 and it's very capable (with the right "Dirtkiller" lance) of cleaning paths, patios etc, as well as car washing. The 10/122 has nearly 50% more flow and hence cleaning power, so will be more than able to do what you need.

Just make sure you don't use the dirtkiller lance on your car!
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Trix (31-08-2018)
Old 31-08-2018, 06:06 PM   #4
Trix
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Hi Kev

Welcome to DW. I have the 7/122 and it's very capable (with the right "Dirtkiller" lance) of cleaning paths, patios etc, as well as car washing. The 10/122 has nearly 50% more flow and hence cleaning power, so will be more than able to do what you need.

Just make sure you don't use the dirtkiller lance on your car!
Didn't realise the 10/22 had 50% more flow..
Trix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:01 AM   #5
kev2005
Unwashed Member

Thanks all, will start reading that link.

Kev
Old 02-09-2018, 05:46 PM   #6
kev2005
Unwashed Member

Hi,

So i read the link and even more confused now.

All i have at present is a tap in the back garden, nothing else,not even a hose.

Anyone suggest a setup for using to wash car and path/patio?

Kranzle look to be a good make and seems to get good reviews and looks to be you get what you pay for. Like the idea of small so HD 7/122 or HD 10/122 TS looks good with the auto start/stop but which is best? Also unsure about the weight of them to keep carrying around? Was also looking at the 1152TST but is rather bit to store.

Like the look of the mosmatic lance and gun but unsure where to get from.

Ideally would like quick disconnects wherever possible to make it easier to disconnect, store and then re-connect.

How do i tell what size quick disconnects i need fro the tap etc?

Thanks

Kev
Old 02-09-2018, 09:03 PM   #7
bigbruiser
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2005 View Post
Hi,

So i read the link and even more confused now.

All i have at present is a tap in the back garden, nothing else,not even a hose.

Anyone suggest a setup for using to wash car and path/patio?

Kranzle look to be a good make and seems to get good reviews and looks to be you get what you pay for. Like the idea of small so HD 7/122 or HD 10/122 TS looks good with the auto start/stop but which is best? Also unsure about the weight of them to keep carrying around? Was also looking at the 1152TST but is rather bit to store.

Like the look of the mosmatic lance and gun but unsure where to get from.

Ideally would like quick disconnects wherever possible to make it easier to disconnect, store and then re-connect.

How do i tell what size quick disconnects i need fro the tap etc?

Thanks

Kev

Look up Q washers on ebay & youtube, infact they guy that owns it is called damian if you give him a call tell him your situation and he take 10 min to price everything up. He was about £10 cheaper then sponsors on here but he spent time going though it was a plus for me
bigbruiser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:17 PM   #8
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 5,125 Times in 3,745 Posts
Garage
Pressure Washer Query

Hi Kev

To run a hose from the tap to the power washer, you’ll just need an ordinary garden hose and some hoselock connectors.

Cooks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:34 PM   #9
Joe the Plumber
Washmitt Meister

If you're going to go for the K1152TST, it needs a minimum of 10 litres per minute flow from your outside tap. You can easily check this with a graduated bucket (most builders' merchants will sell them) and a watch with a second hand.

I doubt it will be a problem, but it's worth checking just in case.

The K1152 TST stands on end to store it, so it doesn't take up much floor space. It is very heavy though. Mine's given me over five years trouble-free service so far (until tomorrow that is, now I've written that...!)
Joe the Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:24 PM   #10
kev2005
Unwashed Member

Thanks all.

I'll have to get a graduated bucket to test the flow, i think its more than 10 litres per minute, it doesn't seem slow but then tbh its hardly used as I don't have a garden hose at present as garden is small and is mainly grass so very little to water etc and not got round to sorting out options for car cleaning equipment hence my post now.

Kev