Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here. Sponsored by CleanYourCar

Old 11-04-2018, 09:09 AM   #1
Pomsteroonie
Washmitt Meister

New BMW M4 Polishing Advice

Hi All,

Below is my new M4, the paintwork is in pretty good condition but has some light swirls.

I've just had the front end protected with some PPF, just bonnet and bumper, so next step is to protect the paint with some Crystal Serum and Exo top up but before I do, I need to polish her.

I've got a Bigfoot Duetto and a good selection of Merzerna polishes from 400 up to 4000 but I cannot seem to get the pad polish combo spot on.

I've done a test on the boot and I've removed the lightest marks but cannot budge the slightly heavier ones (they are not bad but I want it perfect)

My questions are . . . .

If I was to buy a new cutting and a new finishing pad (should not need more than a two stage polish) what pad would you recommend for cutting and what would you go for in terms of finishing - also which Merzena polish would you use and finally, what do you find in terms of speed settings are best - I normally start off on one for spreading and then move up to around 4-5.

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Pomsteroonie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pomsteroonie For This Useful Post:
cleancar (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 06:04 PM   #2
gibee
Washmitt Meister

Nice competition pack you got there. Is that an individual colour, as I've only seen Austin Yellow before?

Not tried Merzena polishes; however, I switched from Megs M101 to Scholl S2 Orange on my previous BM and got decent results with Chemical Guys Hex Logic and Car Pro Demin pads (the orange peel was horrible). Now switched to completely to Scholl (S3, S40, S20, etc.). Having said that, from what i have seen Koch Chemie might be even better on German paint.

Go easy on boot mate, it's made of some fancy composite material.
gibee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:53 PM   #3
Summit Detailing
DW Supporter

Thanked 1,636 Times in 1,221 Posts
Rupes blue top polish on a Rupes yellow pad followed by white top polish and white pad

cheers

Chris
Summit Detailing is offline   Reply With Quote