Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 15-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #11
Yellow Dave
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,412 Times in 1,127 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscopervis View Post
I've done a durability test of DSW against PNS (and Collinite 915) which I have posted videos on here previously. What I found is that DSW and PNS have virtually identical water behaviour and durability, with PNS just sneaking the durability, though not by much at all. DSW is much better value for money as you get loads more applications per tub for virtually the same price.
DSW is one of the few waxes I've found to actually get anywhere near its claimed durability. Such as collinites 476, autoglym HD. In2d/ tonyn ceramic infused crystal wax.

But for speed and ease of use sonax pns would be my recommendation every time for a beginner. Plus I'm a little biast and say imo all sonax product beading is superior and one of the few products that can replicate the extreme nano type bearing.

Last edited by Yellow Dave; 15-10-2018 at 09:26 PM.
Yellow Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 09:32 PM   #12
roscopervis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Dave View Post
DSW is one of the few waxes I've found to actually get anywhere near its claimed durability. Such as collinites 476, autoglym HD.

But for speed and ease of use sonax pns would be my recommendation every time for a beginner. Plus I'm a little biast and say imo all sonax product beading is superior and one of the few products that can replicate the extreme nano type bearing.
PNS is easier to use but DSW isn't hard by any stretch. It's the balance of 6-8 applications from a can of PNS vs the 40 or more from the tub of DSW and the difference in the ease of use.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
roscopervis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #13
roscopervis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Dave View Post
DSW is one of the few waxes I've found to actually get anywhere near its claimed durability. Such as collinites 476, autoglym HD. In2d/ tonyn ceramic infused crystal wax.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...2&share_type=t

This is the link to the test I did before.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk
roscopervis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roscopervis For This Useful Post:
GSVHammer (16-10-2018), Yellow Dave (15-10-2018)
Old 16-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #14
MBRuss

Keep meaning to get some PNS and many times have thought about getting DSW.

Currently using BSD on my car, but want a base to go underneath, a bit like the OP.

I'd suggest is probably the best bet, as it'll be formulated to play nicely with BSD so you can keep using BSD to top up the protection. This will probably be my winter plan.

That said, I doubt the DSW would have any issue being topped with BSD. Just make sure BSD is on the very top, whatever you end up getting.

As others have said though, you could just stick with BSD on its own and top it up every few weeks. BSD is an amazing product. I'm hoping PNS will be just as good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
MBRuss is offline   Reply With Quote