Detailing World Forum banner

Cloudy rear lights ?

8K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  m500dpp 
#1 ·
Could I use the Autoglym headlight restoration kit on cloudy rear light lens . We have a A3 & A6 on both the inner lens are cloudy/dull

#2 ·
Of course you can, but you generally don't need to use the sanding stage, as rear lights don't need it. Difficult to get stone chips on rear lights!

Try just the polish and foam to remove swirls first...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#3 ·
I'm afraid I have to give the super boring answer to this "we have not tested the kit on rear lights and therefore cannot recommend it is used for this purpose. The kit was intended to be used on front headlights only"

If anyone does take the plunge and test it on some spare rear lights let us know how you get on!

Mark
Autoglym Online

#11 ·
Just need to be a bit more careful on rear lights. Front lights have to be hard and impact resistant and resist higher temperatures whilst remaining optically clear. rear lights are generally a lot softer with a lower melting point.

There's no reason why the same products wouldn't work, it's the same process, you just need to be a little more careful to avoid heat build up and may need a final finish with a more gentle polish to get them really glossy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.