Detailing World Forum banner

OCD Nebula part 2

14K views 55 replies 25 participants last post by  RonanF 
#1 · (Edited)
After putting a coat of Nebula on the TT yesterday, put a coat on the CC this morning. Shows up even better on the darker colour on my CC. This stuff leaves an incredible wet look finish!
Would have added this to my previous Nebula post but it's been closed for some reason??!

#18 ·
I currently have CQuartz and Reload on my car and am thinking of layering Nebula on top given the fantastic reviews. Would it be a waste of time doing this? Would the fact that the wax will sit on top of a sealant significantly reduce it's longevity over applying it to bare paint? I appreciate that Nebula is a show wax and therefore not exactly long lasting, but the ability to last a few weeks and withstand a wash or two would be good.

#26 ·
I recently picked up some Nebula and finally got a chance to use it today. On the car already is CQuartz-UK and Reload.

I gave the car a good maintenance wash, dry and then set about applying the wax. It was cold here today, never got much about 2 or 3 degrees with about 80% humidity - far from ideal conditions, but I thought I'd give it a go. The wax is quite firm with a lovely coconut and vanilla smell. I applied it with a MF applicator and gave it 30mins to cure given the conditions.

Buffing it off was somewhat difficult, however I think I may have applied the wax a little thick and I've no doubt that the weather didn't help. Once it was all buffed off I was left with gloss like I haven't seen on the car before, I'm extremely impressed with it. The wax has given huge depth and warmth to the pain, the shine is amazing. I've used many waxes on the car (some of which were considerably more expensive than this) and Nebula beats them all in my opinion. Given its price, its is a steal!

Here's two rubbish iPhone shots, the light was fading quickly so they don't do the car justice at all. I'll try to get some better pics tomorrow if the sun ever comes out!

#29 ·
Top job on the car RonanF, looks great! Glad to read that Nebula has impressed you so much and I'm very humbled at the comment about it out-performing more expensive waxes. I think with some warmer temps you should find the removal easier, not that it's particularly difficult as Chongo has stated, but temps and humidity aren't ideal at this time of year as you know. I'm loving your pictures too, I keep going back to them. Well done on your efforts :thumb:

#30 ·
Cheers guys. I think I should stress it was in no way a major issue to apply or remove the wax, it just required a little more elbow grease than usual. I've absolutely no doubt that the weather conditions were responsible.

The panels were very cold which made the wax hard to spread thinly, meaning I had to apply it heavier than I normally would and I probably let is cure a little too long also.

No pics today unfortunately, we'd a very hard hoar frost last night so I woke up to a virtually white car! It's still very foggy and there's no real chance of any drying today. I took this last night, it was almost dark so the pic's crap, very noisy etc, but you can still get an idea of the gloss and the really wet look that it gives. Love it!

#41 ·
I've pulled the trigger and bought a sample pot of Nebula after reading the reviews. The last wax I bought AF Desire about four years ago.

What's everyone using for paint prep and as QD for this wax?

My go-to has always been DJ Lime Prime for prewax cleanser, and Megs Last Touch for QD (though I think I have AF Finale as QD too somewhere).

#42 ·
I've pulled the trigger and bought a sample pot of Nebula after reading the reviews. The last wax I bought AF Desire about four years ago.

What's everyone using for paint prep and as QD for this wax?

My go-to has always been DJ Lime Prime for prewax cleanser, and Megs Last Touch for QD (though I think I have AF Finale as QD too somewhere).
You made a good choice mate:thumb: as for prep then the normal wash and decon will do then what you have will be sound to go under Nebula and LT is a good shout as well.

M&K Pure would be my choice of pre wax, this will leave your paint looking very clean and glorious as long as your prep is good. Two layers of Nebula will look great. What colour is your car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.