Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:23 AM   #11
tosh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

For someone that lives in a flat and parks on the street with no power or water, I don’t think it’s unreasonable.

I’d even pay the 50 quid just to be left alone for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tosh For This Useful Post:
Derek Mc (09-02-2018), Marve (05-02-2018), rob267 (06-02-2018), Simonrev (05-02-2018), Yellow Dave (05-02-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 10:20 AM   #12
EliteCarCare
Approved DW Trader

Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,675 Posts
Send a message via MSN to EliteCarCare
It all depends on what that £50.00 includes, just a space and power or does it also include the use of any of their equipment?

Either way, they have overheads and could be earning at least four times as much using that space to detail a customer's car.

Contact us on 01628 671213 for friendly advice or to place an order.

EliteCarCare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 12:49 PM   #13
_Si_
Washmitt Meister

In my home town there is a place that rents out garage space (with ramps) Seems reasonably priced too - hourly, daily and weekly.

http://www.ufixautos.co.uk/
_Si_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:13 PM   #14
Shiny
DW Forum Sponsor

Thanked 3,058 Times in 1,905 Posts
Garage
Insurance for this kind of thing is an absolute nightmare, especially if hiring out or providing equipment.

There are so many H&S considerations, training in the proper use of equipment etc, that anyone doing this legitmately will have potentially have a quite a serious overhead from this side alone.

So much so that i bet most people doing it don't even inform their insurers.

Shiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #15
Sawel
Orbital Oracle

Over the winter months, I have access to premises for £50 a day to detail my customers cars on a 'pay as you use' arrangement. I can use the premises from 8am until 7pm, have access to water, power, a good size unit and it is conveniently located. It is a reasonable arrangement in my mind as I can't justify renting a unit outright and paying the rent, insurance, rates etc which come with it considering how quiet things can be over the winter months.
Sawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #16
Shiny
DW Forum Sponsor

Thanked 3,058 Times in 1,905 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawel View Post
Over the winter months, I have access to premises for £50 a day to detail my customers cars on a 'pay as you use' arrangement. I can use the premises from 8am until 7pm, have access to water, power, a good size unit and it is conveniently located. It is a reasonable arrangement in my mind as I can't justify renting a unit outright and paying the rent, insurance, rates etc which come with it considering how quiet things can be over the winter months.
The only downside to this is that it is difficult to get insurance cover for your customer's cars left in your care when they are at someone else's premises, although we do have one Insurer that will entertain this.

Shiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:42 PM   #17
Alexbmwx5
Sponge Jockey

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Just to clarify the specifics of my particular situation. I literally just want a space that is condensation free with some electricity.

I basically want somewhere I can take my already polished car. Safely clean off anything I picked up driving it there, polish a layer of car pro essence on and then cquartz.

Don't need to hire any kit or anything like that. I figure there probably arent many if any detailers out there who just have spare space they'd happily hire out but thought it was worth a shout. If anyone does think of someone in Hertfordshire worth trying, then I'm all ears. Ta.
Alexbmwx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:44 PM   #18
Alexbmwx5
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawel View Post
Hi Sawel, if this happens to be near Herts and there is a possibly they'd let me hire a space out to keep my car there overnight, then would be great to hear from you. No worries if not!
Old 07-02-2018, 01:43 AM   #19
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexbmwx5 View Post
As this winter weather with all it's rain and condensation continues to drive me nuts, I was just wondering if anyone here has ever come across any detailing workshops that were open to the idea of letting you use their indoor bay to do your own detailing?

I'm assuming probably not, but be interested to know! I'm currently hoping to find someone on facebook in my local area in herts that has a double garage I can use for a night in exchange for a decent car clean!
I too have been advertising in my local FB groups for a dry space where I can detail. I've had no luck. Wish I had a garage
lijongtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:22 PM   #20
Alexbmwx5
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by lijongtao View Post
I too have been advertising in my local FB groups for a dry space where I can detail. I've had no luck. Wish I had a garage
Some local chap has just got back to me on a local facebook group to say he's just cleared out his double garage in prep for his new car and might be able to help me out! All I need now is it for it not to be a condensation ridden garage.... chatting to him some more tomorow so fingers crossed!
The Following User Says Thank You to Alexbmwx5 For This Useful Post:
Simonrev (09-02-2018)