Detailing World Forum banner

Dash cams

63K views 167 replies 60 participants last post by  spursfan 
G
#1 ·
The "reversed into me" thread has got me thinking it's time to install a dash cam.

Anyone got any current recommendations?

I'm thinking something not too big and obvious.

Thanks.

#19 ·
The F770 looks good and i think would be perfect for us - im think the front and rear cameras.

I have no experience of electronics and would want this hard wiring in. I have no intention of setting my car on fire so think i would want to get it professionally installed.

Im up in Manchester. What would be a reasonably cost to have the front and rear cameras fitted with hardwire? I've seen varying prices so dont know what is a reasonable price?

Cheers

Rick

#20 ·
The F770 looks good and i think would be perfect for us - im think the front and rear cameras.

I have no experience of electronics and would want this hard wiring in. I have no intention of setting my car on fire so think i would want to get it professionally installed.

Im up in Manchester. What would be a reasonably cost to have the front and rear cameras fitted with hardwire? I've seen varying prices so dont know what is a reasonable price?

Cheers

Rick
I purchased my F770 camera, front and rear from these guys, really good service and they have technicians nationwide so someone will come out to your home address and install it hard wired. Here is the link below. Let us know how you get on.
I forgot to mention that they will deliver the camera to your home address before installation.
https://chameleoncodewing.co.uk/

#42 ·
I've had a camera in my vehicles for the past 7-8 years, currently using the A119 in the front it's a cracking camera and priced well @ £72 imo. I have a Mobius in the rear and that too is a great little camera.

Have a look @ Techmoan on youtube.

I always hardwire them and there is only the first couple of inches of wire on show, the rest is in the headlining/behind the trim.

#45 ·
64Gb card will get you 13hours ish.

Parking mode isn't that good, it starts recording with movement which most of the time for me is constant anyway. One tree in the background and there's constant movement, therefore constant recording. Hell, even fast moving clouds always keeps it recording.

You can get 128Gb blackvues now that'll do more than 24hoirs of recording.

#49 ·
64Gb card will get you 13hours ish.

Parking mode isn't that good, it starts recording with movement which most of the time for me is constant anyway. One tree in the background and there's constant movement, therefore constant recording. Hell, even fast moving clouds always keeps it recording.

You can get 128Gb blackvues now that'll do more than 24hoirs of recording.
Need to check mine, I have a 64gb card in at the moment and I'm sure I only get c4-6 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.