Detailing World Forum banner

One Step Polish

15K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  mb1 
#1 · (Edited)
While i have used polishes before i only have some poorboys SSR1 stuff that i don't actually find very good and only used to clean the windscreen.

I have a DA and have a CG Hex Logic Green and Red pads, im looking for a polish to use over the whole car to remove the small swirls and scratches. So far Scholl S30+ is top of my list and it should work well with the green pad.
S20 seems to get a lot of love, but would that be too much cut.

#2 ·
A few questions to help us help you......

What is it about the SSR1 that isn't giving you the results you're looking for?

Not enough cut? Too much cut? Not easy to work? Doesn't finish off? With which pads? etc. etc.

What is the car? Hard paint? Soft paint?

I like Scholl products (and Glare, but that's another story) and I'm sure there will be one in there for you.

Andy.

#13 · (Edited)
Gone with the Sonax 04-06. Thanks for the suggestions.

Caved and got a few extra pads as well, to go with the Green and Red Quantum pads ive got an Orange and Blue. So option with the Orange for extra cut for the Sonax polish, and the blue to add a bit of bite to the lime prime i like to use, usually with the red pad.

#16 ·
Your pad choice might be to aggressive for PF unless you are using a MF finishing pad then that's ok:thumb:

TBH PF works better with a foam pad as it tends to be used as a finishing polish or 1 step enhancement polish.

What car have you might determine what pad to use as well.

#19 · (Edited)
Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm considering these one step products - can anyone provide me any feedback as to how they cut and finish and which u think is the best?

Koch Chemie F5.01
Sonax Perfect Finish
Sonax 0406

I'll be using a flex XFE and med lake country orange HDO pads[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 ·
Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm considering these one step products - can anyone provide me any feedback as to how they cut and finish and which u think is the best?

I'll be using a flex XFE and med lake country orange HDO pads[emoji106]

TBH they will all do a great job:thumb:

What car, colour and what kind of defects are you hoping to remove :thumb:

#21 ·
Sorry I didn't add the products in they are

Koch chemie f5.01
Sonax perfect finish
Sonax 0406

I'll be using them on varying paints and colours byutI want to try and avoid keeping a lot of compounds in stock as it's costly.

I'm after the best all round performer - a go to product as such[emoji106]. I know it not gonna suit all scenarios.

Thanks in advance

#22 ·
Also not after 100% defect removal - I understand the percentage of correction will vary depending on the paint[emoji106]. Many of the cars that come to me mainly have swirls / holograms caused by bad washing procedures more than anything. I find most people don't want to pay for a lengthy 2 stage correction process.

#23 ·
It sounds like you know what you are doing and by what your saying your doing this as a living.

It's hard to say which is the go to product because there are to many things to list, but just recently I have been using F5 and found it to be ticking all my boxes when it comes to that sweet spot for correcting paint or for using it as single stage detail.

I've used PF and EX 04-06 lots of times and they have never let me down especially when am dealing with soft to medium paints, but on hard paint and depending on what pad you use F5 has plenty of cut and finishes nicely.

But I would still keep the other two for other scenarios

#24 ·
Many thanks for the input - I might go for the 04-06 as priority then when I come across a car with harder paint I’ll invest in the Koch f5 maybe.

I don’t do it for a living as such but I’m getting more and more requests to correct & protect cars recently but have been doing this for quite a few years now.

Just out of interest, how do you find that Koch f5 finishes down compared to 0406?

#25 ·
Many thanks for the input - I might go for the 04-06 as priority then when I come across a car with harder paint I'll invest in the Koch f5 maybe.

I don't do it for a living as such but I'm getting more and more requests to correct & protect cars recently but have been doing this for quite a few years now.

Just out of interest, how do you find that Koch f5 finishes down compared to 0406?

Well let's just say I've never had a problem finishing down with any of them:thumb:

Again this comes really down to your own technique and pad and paint choice mate:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.