Detailing World Forum banner

Dash cams

63K views 167 replies 60 participants last post by  spursfan 
G
#1 ·
The "reversed into me" thread has got me thinking it's time to install a dash cam.

Anyone got any current recommendations?

I'm thinking something not too big and obvious.

Thanks.

#139 ·
For whats it's worth, I've had Blackvue for a few years and tbh I wouldn't get another one. I'm on my third type, due to upgrades and the current one has been replaced twice due to faults. I even had the guy who sold me the camera question what I was telling him on the phone which p*ssed me off but he did replace them without to much hassle. So all in all 50% of my cameras have gone wrong, I might be unlucky but that's the experience I've had. And to add insult to the aggro I've had, My wife's £100 camera has worked perfect for years........so make your own mind up about spending ££££££ on these

#140 ·
^ agreed and whilst I like to read reviews in the first instance a lot are affiliated in someway.

I remember my Blackvue getting very hot and this was an issue with them back then (about 4 years ago) but mine worked fine for the year or so I had it.

I like to fit and try first hand and make my mind up that way, I also check the recording reasonably regularly and the first sign of it not recording the camera would be out and replaced.

I have a couple of the mobius camera's that I now use in the rear of my car and the kids car that were susceptible to freezing, after some head scratching I had to down grade the cards in them and they have been flawless since.

The Mini 0806 I tried were gvfm but again these had issues after a couple of months so were returned.

Others I have tried have been replaced usually for better recording quality ones, having a think and I recon I have tried 10-15 differing makes.

#142 ·
Had my BlackVue DR900S-2CH 64gb for a few months now and it seems really good. Got it on offer for £400 from amazon in the summer, they're like £150 more now :(

4k front, 1080 rear, stealthy, easy to install, hardwired, nice software, good functionality with GPS/Cloud etc.

#145 ·
I’m treating myself at Xmas to a new dash cam but can’t decide which one.

I’ve narrowed it down to two.

Nextbase duo hd. The rear camera is a nice touch but not end of the world.

The other one is mio mivue 766. I already have the 608 (for my wagon) and a 618 for the car. I do like the screen going black when driving and displays speed, it also has speed camera alerts, lane guidance, collision guidance and headlight reminder.

The camera will be taken down when not in use. If anybody has either of these cams could you give a bit of feedback please

#150 ·
What cameras are recommended that attach with a suction mount? (other than nextbase). I want to be able to remove both the camera and mount when parked so that little scrotes don't see an empty mount and think "I wonder if there's a camera in the car somewhere".

#165 ·
Depending on what car you have go on the relevant forum and you will find other people have done the job and most likely have pics, I'm technically challenged when it comes to these things but have managed to fit and remove dashcams in all my cars

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

#168 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.