Detailing World Forum banner

Show us your bikes (pedal)

542K views 2K replies 391 participants last post by  ridders66 
#1 ·
Ive recently re ignited my love of two wheels which has led to me hamering the crdit card for this

Also have a specialized allez road bike. So thats mine, now post yours.

See less See more
#1,600 ·
Winter bikes here are nicer than my bike which I keep getting told off for using in winter by members of the club!

But I'm definitely not jealous or anything...
Mine have slowly progressed the same as my summer bikes. My trusty trek 1.5 frame broke so I got the kinesis, I had the Di2 from the storck upgrade so it seemed a natural to put that on the kinesis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,602 ·
Nice @182_BLUE, love that colour. I was trying to get a Voodoo Bokor in a similar scheme after seeing the factory treks that Katy Winton and co. use in world enduro! (I realise that sentence suddenly makes me seem sort of knowledgable but I'm not!)

I saw in an earlier post you mentioned invisiframe - how has it held up? Worthwhile purchase?

Well, after working with one or two athletes/participants during my sports science studies and befriending a couple people into their bikes I have decided to take the plunge and buy my first bike in what must be 15+ years. Last time I rode a bike was around 2010-2011 and I hated it.

Anyway, plumped for this through the cycle2work scheme: Marin Nail Trail 7

I think I've bagged a good deal? I quizzed a few peers and read/watched plenty reviews. I was nudged towards 29" wheels over 27.5" but Chain Reaction Cycles confirmed the bike although advertised as 27.5" would come with 29" wheels for the L/XL frames (as per manufacturer website info).

It originally retailed for £1600 but due to another retailer going bust I believe CRC have stock to clear... meaning I picked this up for £959. I rounded the figure up to £999 by purchasing pedals to meet my borrowed amount on the cycle2work scheme - at the end of this I'll have paid £600 so quite chuffed so far.

Anyway, the bike arrived last week! With 27.5" wheels. I emailed the manufacturer UK rep to see if they were interchangeable or anything but alas no. I asked a few peers again and since I've a novice really they reckoned the difference between sizing in wheels would not affect me by much and to not lose sleep over it - my overall aims for this bike is to help me lose weight by nailing local trails and paths as well as the odd commute. It's also good rehab for recent knee surgeries. With that sort of reasoning I was able to moan/discuss with CRC customer support who nicely gave me a £100 voucher to make up for it if I was happy to keep it.

Delighted with that, I bought myself padded shorts and a Polar H10 heart rate monitor since I am struggling with accuracy on my wristworn Garmin device. Now I just need to get the brakes sorted out, a general check over by local bike shop and some good weather! Hoping I get stuck right into it!

Residing in my living room for now until I get some security measures in place!

#1,603 ·
Nice @182_BLUE, love that colour. I was trying to get a Voodoo Bokor in a similar scheme after seeing the factory treks that Katy Winton and co. use in world enduro! (I realise that sentence suddenly makes me seem sort of knowledgable but I'm not!)

I saw in an earlier post you mentioned invisiframe - how has it held up? Worthwhile purchase?
Thanks, anyway the invisiframe stuff is brilliant, I had it on my old Bronson and my old Hightower plus my Whyte, the Hightower had it on for 4 years and it didn't change colour or come off, its all down to if its applied properly though I guess.

#1,610 ·
After saying I hated TTs after my first last year I got the bug. First TT bike and first self build, a few things left to turn up as they were missing from the box and a few bits I'm considering changing but essentially finished bar torquing and fitting, and excuse the dirty wheels off my road bike!

#1,613 · (Edited)
Ben Deakin youtuber and downhill racer for DMR has had 2 Pivot Phonex stolen, one blue and one in a unique Miami Vice style paint job. If you are on instagram check out deakinator1 for pics and i’ll try and post one later.

Any information regarding these bikes direct to Ben and he is offering a big reward for information that leads to their recovery.

#1,621 ·
Sons new bike

Picked this up for my son a few weeks ago:

On One carbon frame
Hope front and rear hubs
Hope wheels
Hollowtech bottom bracket
Shimano SLX brakes
Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur
SLX front derailleur
Richley carbon bars
Smoothie Mixer headset
Raceface Evolve AM stem
Whyte seat
Fox 36 front forks
DMR V8 pedals

Needless to say he is made up with it

Bicycle Tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel Land vehicle

#1,622 ·
Picked this up for my son a few weeks ago:

On One carbon frame

Hope front and rear hubs

Hope wheels

Hollowtech bottom bracket

Shimano SLX brakes

Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur

SLX front derailleur

Richley carbon bars

Smoothie Mixer headset

Raceface Evolve AM stem

Whyte seat

Fox 36 front forks

DMR V8 pedals

Needless to say he is made up with it

View attachment 59250
I used to have one, great hard tail

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.