Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Autoglym
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2017, 08:40 PM   #61
Wilco
Warning contains metal

Thanked 6,467 Times in 2,127 Posts
Bought a bottle today after reading positive reviews. £14 with the 20% discount so not too expensive really.
Autoglym have absolutely nailed it with this shampoo. It smells great, is extremely slick and retains suds to the end of the wash. An absolute pleasure to use and I honestly cant think of a better shampoo. The one thing of note is that it does take extra rinsing as it clings so well, when you think you've got everything rinsed off go around the car again just to make sure. I was concerned that it may effect my wax after reading Yellow Dave's issue but I can say after A LOT of rinsing my wax is beading as normal.

Great product folks, well done!
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wilco For This Useful Post:
Autoglym (03-04-2017), bigkahunaburger (01-04-2017), Cookies (01-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 09:30 PM   #62
Ford8loke
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilco View Post
Bought a bottle today after reading positive reviews. £14 with the 20% discount so not too expensive really.
Autoglym have absolutely nailed it with this shampoo. It smells great, is extremely slick and retains suds to the end of the wash. An absolute pleasure to use and I honestly cant think of a better shampoo. The one thing of note is that it does take extra rinsing as it clings so well, when you think you've got everything rinsed off go around the car again just to make sure. I was concerned that it may effect my wax after reading Yellow Dave's issue but I can say after A LOT of rinsing my wax is beading as normal.

Great product folks, well done!
Totally agree with your comments. I too picked up a bottle at the weekend £12 with trade card😉
My new favourite shampoo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ford8loke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #63
brooklandsracer
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford8loke View Post
Totally agree with your comments. I too picked up a bottle at the weekend £12 with trade card😉
My new favourite shampoo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I just logged into halfords with trade card and it is showing £14.88 with vat, how did you get it £12?
brooklandsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:06 PM   #64
mokkaman
Sponge Jockey

Hi,With a trade card you have to go into store in person.Our local Halfords mam says it is a faff online.Hope this helps Andy
mokkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 11:11 PM   #65
bigkahunaburger
Orbital Oracle

I used my new bottle at the weekend. It cleans really well, it's slick, it smells great and the foam is really good and very long lasting. This is on a par with my current favourite shampoo from another manufacturer.

It's incredibly thick. It took a while to pour four cap-fulls into a bucket. Now I know that they're 10ml caps, I might just squirt some on to a measuring spoon and mix in. It's like treacle being poured out of the cap. My only criticism would be that it is almost annoyingly thick, and this is compared to a current favourite, which is similarly highly concentrated and very thick. With yours though I had a litre for £14 rather than 500ml.

Overall, another brilliant product from Autoglym.
bigkahunaburger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigkahunaburger For This Useful Post:
Autoglym (04-04-2017)
Old 07-04-2017, 06:44 PM   #66
GleemSpray
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,592 Posts
Bought a bottle today from Halfords and washed the car when i got home.

After reading other reviews, i used a measured 30ml into just under 15L of water and got loads of thick suds. Where i live we have very nice, soft, drinkable water btw.

The suds weren't quite as mad as the suds in the AG promotional video, but they were proper thick luxury suds by any standard.

In use the shampoo felt very slippery and cleaned very well. The head of suds lasted in the wash bucket (and also in the rinse bucket) long after the car had been washed and rinsed off.

I didn't notice any problems rinsing away, as others have noted, it just needed a good rinse and the whole wash experience was hugely enjoyable.

Before i bought it, i wondered if it would be worth the 50% price premium over AG Bodywork Shampoo (blue label) as that foams up pretty well and also cleans well, but the UHD Shampoo is very enjoyable to use because of the extra suds and because it really is so slippery across the paintwork.

At the dilution i used, based on full RRP, it works out at a fraction over 50p per wash, so it isn't really expensive on the scale of things, even though it takes a bit of mental adjustment to pay that much for a bottle of shampoo....

... car shampoo that is.

When you think about it, would you consider it expensive to pay £4.30 for a 250ml bottle of high-end shower product ? or £8.60 for 500ml ?

Lets not go there ....

On reflection, I really like and rate Autoglym's new Ultra High Definition Shampoo, its a really impressive product and it makes car washing a much more enjoyable event. 10/10
GleemSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GleemSpray For This Useful Post:
Autoglym (18-04-2017), trv8 (30-04-2017), Wilco (08-04-2017)
Old 29-04-2017, 03:49 PM   #67
GleemSpray
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,357 Times in 1,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleemSpray View Post
At the risk of sounding like a complete noob, how do you think it would foam up via a lance? I was thinking of that as a way of covering the car after using pre-wash.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoglym View Post
It does't pull through well. The neat product is quite thick. You'd have to mix up a dilution. Afraid we don't have any suggested ratios yet. It'd be a trial and error exercise.
Soooo...today... as i had nothing better to do.... i measured 30ml of UHDS into my Autobrite lance bottle and added 600ml of hot water. I then spend a good minute or so slowly inverting and swirling to make sure the super thick shampoo was fully mixed with the water.

The resulting "foam" from the lance was quite decent, similar to using lots of shampoo through a foam lance . To put a guage on it, it was thicker than the foam you get from a product like BH Autofoam, but was not quite shaving foam thick. I am sure that if you used just a little more, say 40ml, you could get it properley shaving foam thick

Now, here's the interesting part - it really did dwell for a long time and it really did cling very well to the paint, especially noticable on the vertical panels where shampoo and foam normally just runs off, this being on a well detailed car too.

The UHDS "foam" just sat there and clung to the paintwork, without really diminishing its suds much.

In this respect UHDS was as good, if not better, than many dedicated snow foams i have tried, which just slide off after a few minutes.

I left it a good five minutes or more and it was hardly diminished, so i was able to soak a wash mitt in water then run it all over the paintwork in order to clean the car. It was very slippery and rich feeling under the mitt and it was an enjoyable way to wash the car.

I cant say how good it would be as a touchless wash,but if you want to spray shampoo on then use a mitt (as i know some people do), then UHDS would be really good for this.
GleemSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GleemSpray For This Useful Post:
Autoglym (02-05-2017), camerashy (29-04-2017), JoeyJoeJo (03-05-2018), trv8 (30-04-2017)
Old 30-04-2017, 01:46 PM   #68
mokkaman
Sponge Jockey

Hello,Just tried it at 40ml and600ml of water,was reasonably thick but not shaving foam.Conclusion is ti won,t get really thick,but,through it still works and will try it again.Washed the wifes carfirst using powermax t`fr then using AG HD shampoo in a foam lance and left it dwell for a few minutes and pw washed it off,results were very good,looking like new again.Will definitely try again with different ratios.Cheers Andy
mokkaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:14 PM   #69
Autoglym
Autoglym HQ

Thanked 1,614 Times in 837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleemSpray View Post
Soooo...today... as i had nothing better to do.... i measured 30ml of UHDS into my Autobrite lance bottle and added 600ml of hot water. I then spend a good minute or so slowly inverting and swirling to make sure the super thick shampoo was fully mixed with the water.

The resulting "foam" from the lance was quite decent, similar to using lots of shampoo through a foam lance . To put a guage on it, it was thicker than the foam you get from a product like BH Autofoam, but was not quite shaving foam thick. I am sure that if you used just a little more, say 40ml, you could get it properley shaving foam thick

Now, here's the interesting part - it really did dwell for a long time and it really did cling very well to the paint, especially noticable on the vertical panels where shampoo and foam normally just runs off, this being on a well detailed car too.

The UHDS "foam" just sat there and clung to the paintwork, without really diminishing its suds much.

In this respect UHDS was as good, if not better, than many dedicated snow foams i have tried, which just slide off after a few minutes.

I left it a good five minutes or more and it was hardly diminished, so i was able to soak a wash mitt in water then run it all over the paintwork in order to clean the car. It was very slippery and rich feeling under the mitt and it was an enjoyable way to wash the car.

I cant say how good it would be as a touchless wash,but if you want to spray shampoo on then use a mitt (as i know some people do), then UHDS would be really good for this.
Thanks for posting your findings!

Winner Detailing World Polish of The Year 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 12:45 PM   #70
AJ_
Sponge Jockey

Had a trip down to my local Halfrauds yesterday and picked up the UHD (1L) for £14. I very nearly bought another bottle of Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner as this is currently £12.79 for 2.5L! I have been using Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner for the past 9 years and when I saw the new Autoglym UHD I had to give it a go, despite a litre of the stuff almost triple the cost of the BSC.

Measured out 30ml into a 10 litre bucket and almost immediately I could tell this was going to be a good experience, the melon scent filled the air and made me feel like I was filming a new Herbal Essences ad!

The shampoo itself was very sudsy and they clung very well to the wash mitt, it felt very slick underneath when moving across the paintwork. Normally towards the end of the wash the suds in the wash bucket deplete, but they stayed consistent throughout the wash. I found rinsing was also a breeze.

Always been a huge advocate for AG products and this is no exception. If you are on the lookout (or not) for a new shampoo then give this a go, you won't be disappointed.

AJ
AJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AJ_ For This Useful Post:
Autoglym (15-05-2017)

Tags
uhd shampoo