Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Motoring Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Motoring Zone Just bought a car? Need advice on a car? Want to chat about cars generally? Here is the place to do it.

Old 02-10-2018, 02:34 PM   #11
pxr5
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Nice car, but don't park any further back as it looks like that block of appartments is about to fall over any minute.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:09 PM   #12
c87reed
Orbital Oracle

Garage
The car was not prepped prior to collection, but external wrapping was removed. At the point of collection it was noted that there was a scuff/scrape on the sill. As you'd expect the dealer agreed to rectify this and so whilst I was a bit gutted about, it was unfortunate rather than a big problem for me, just included as part of a bigger picture.

After further cleaning today, I have found a chip right at the top of the driver's door. It isn't a big chip by any means, but it has been touched in by somebody. It basically looks like a drop of water in a way due to being raised. I'm not sure if it has been done by the factory, but it's probably most likely to be the dealer.

I know that a lot of new cars will be damaged and repaired before they reach their first owners and so I've no problem with repairs being made as long as they are not visible/obvious. So I was interested on what are other people's views were? For me it really depends on where the chip is, but I can't say I'm thrilled about this one really. I've also been waiting for my V5C, although I've found out that it won't be coming as the dealer registered it with the DVLA incorrectly according to them, relating to my address. So I can't add my personalised plate yet either as the DVLA won't do anything until they've heard from the dealer.

Last edited by c87reed; 06-10-2018 at 06:13 PM.
c87reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 02:52 PM   #13
Clyde

Nice car. I test drove one, but wasn't 100% sure.

Any chance that chip was caused on the drive home? Either way I'm sure it can be easily rectified - does take the shine off a new car. I still need to post my horror story from Audi when collecting my S4, but that's another post.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 06:50 PM   #14
c87reed
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
Nice car. I test drove one, but wasn't 100% sure.

Any chance that chip was caused on the drive home? Either way I'm sure it can be easily rectified - does take the shine off a new car. I still need to post my horror story from Audi when collecting my S4, but that's another post.
In base GTI spec a 3dr costs circa £13,000 and so at this price they make a lot of sense. Mechanically, it is a good setup rather than a great setup but when you consider it's price there isn't a lot of criticism that can be levelled at it. This particular one was £15,100 and is pretty much fully loaded in terms of what they offer.

I can be sure that the chip on the door wasn't caused by the drive home as someone had already touched it in with a touch up pen, once cleaned it's noticeable due to it's location. It's all easily rectified I'm sure, but there's always the risk that it won't be 100% and it's just not a problem I should have - mainly because it's a couple of things rather than one. The dealer wanted it back and left with them to rectify and weren't open to other suggestions, but with them being 260 miles away, that just isn't practical. As it within the first 30 days, it can be returned under the Consumer Rights Act and so that is what's happening, I may go for the same again in a slightly different guise or something different -still undecided.
c87reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #15
Soul boy 68
DW's car of the day man & Moderator

Thanked 6,226 Times in 4,319 Posts
Garage
Nice funky motor, I like it
Soul boy 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:16 PM   #16
davies20

I like that alot!