Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > in2Detailing
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

in2Detailing www.in2detailing.co.uk
| 01382 622565 | Price Match Promise TAC Systems - Bilt Hamber - Chemical Guys - Bouncers - Prima Car Care - Krystal Kleen Detail - Wheel Woolies - ViseeO Authorised Distributor

Old 15-06-2018, 09:52 AM   #1
nbray67
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,344 Times in 1,727 Posts
Garage
Advice please Imran.

Good morning buddy.

I keep popping the DK 1.1 and Finale into my basket, along with a Buff n Shine MF cutting pad to give our BMW Black Sapphire paint some love but keep pondering on the fact that I don't need both polishes.

The paint is in good nick, 17plate, but it does have light swirls and some dealer inflicted wash marring.

Machine I'll be using is a Vertool Force Drive.

So, will Finale alone on either a polishing or cutting MF pad remove these light swirls or am I better off using the Buff and Shine MF cutting pad with 1.1 and then following up with Finale on a polishing pad?

Basically, it's a big car, tourer, so I'm trying to get the best results in the shortest time but on the other hand, if it takes time with 1.1 followed by Finale then I'll make the time for it.

TIA Imran or anybody else that may be able to help with the above.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #2
Danjc

Garage
Can’t answer your question to well but I am in a very similar situation but was concerned 1.1 maybe has a little to much for the light defects I have.
I have read great things about 1.1 and finale but not much about 3.3.
3.3 is billed as almost a AIO but with little info I spoke to Jesse Liew from Detailing Kingdom about the cut of 3.3 and he said that 3.3 “on a scale of 1-10 it’s around a 6-7 dependant on clear coat”.
With it being diminishing it should finish down ok and can obviously be followed by finale if desired.
With this in mind I figured 1.1 would be to much for me but I have medium ish ford paint so went a different route with menz 3000 from advice elsewhere but still picked up a bottle of finale from Imran anyway which I will use on a crimson LC hydrotech.
I’m sure someone with more knowledge will be able to help a little more but thought I would share this anyway.
Danjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danjc For This Useful Post:
camerashy (15-06-2018), nbray67 (15-06-2018)
Old 15-06-2018, 01:35 PM   #3
matt1234

You will probably be able to use 1.1 as a one step with the correct pad. Me and Matt at obsidian detailing have done a panel with the uro fibre and 1.1 and thought that looks great as a one step.
Give it ago on a panel you will be surprised how well 1.1 can finish down. It’s the only polish I really use now. Finale is a cracking finishing polish and will most certainly improve the gloss. It will only require a few passes if it required to finish the 1.1 off if you need to that is.
matt1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to matt1234 For This Useful Post:
nbray67 (15-06-2018)
Old 15-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
aslettd
PC Perfectionist

For me, 1.1 on a uro fibre pad smashes s20 out of the park as a one step. Finale will gain you that last 5-10 %, which says alot about 1.1 because finale is an awesome finishing polish also
aslettd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aslettd For This Useful Post:
nbray67 (15-06-2018)
Old 15-06-2018, 01:42 PM   #5
nbray67

Thanked 2,344 Times in 1,727 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1234 View Post
You will probably be able to use 1.1 as a one step with the correct pad. Me and Matt at obsidian detailing have done a panel with the uro fibre and 1.1 and thought that looks great as a one step.
Give it ago on a panel you will be surprised how well 1.1 can finish down. It’s the only polish I really use now. Finale is a cracking finishing polish and will most certainly improve the gloss. It will only require a few passes if it required to finish the 1.1 off if you need to that is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslettd View Post
For me, 1.1 on a uro fibre pad smashes s20 out of the park as a one step. Finale will gain you that last 5-10 %, which says alot about 1.1 because finale is an awesome finishing polish also

So, basically lads, I can just use 1.1 for cracking results?

The Uro Fibre pad, is that this one I take it and not the Polishing pad? https://www.in2detailing.co.uk/produ...fiber-pad.html

Thanks btw for the advice.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 01:46 PM   #6
aslettd
PC Perfectionist

That's the one buddy. Obviously we know it all depends on the paint, and with it being black you may want that extra bling. But I'm sure you'll be dead happy with the results ��
The Following User Says Thank You to aslettd For This Useful Post:
nbray67 (15-06-2018)
Old 15-06-2018, 02:16 PM   #7
Danjc

Garage
Wish this info was available before I bought the menz I may have to get some 1.1 based on this great info and go that route as well.
Danjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 02:22 PM   #8
ENEP
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslettd View Post
I don't think comparing 1.1 with S20 is quite fair. DK 1.1 is a cutting compound while S20 is a medium polish.

Looking at Forensic Detailings compund review where he among others tested DK 1.1 vs Scholl S3 XXL. I belive S3 received better scores in both the cutting stage and gloss stage compared to 1.1. All thou the difference was minimal if i recall it correctly.

But of course, depending on paint, machine, experience, tools and all other possible factors, results may vary and then there's also personal preference.

I've got no personal expierence with DK 1.1 but used S3 and S20 alot, which I highly rate. S3/S20 does a great job as one step products using them right.

Edit: Above might sound like i'm bashing on DK. I'm not, I'm sure they are great products and from what i've seen around here it sure looks like they are great products

Last edited by ENEP; 15-06-2018 at 02:33 PM.
ENEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 02:46 PM   #9
aslettd
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENEP View Post
I don't think comparing 1.1 with S20 is quite fair. DK 1.1 is a cutting compound while S20 is a medium polish.

Looking at Forensic Detailings compund review where he among others tested DK 1.1 vs Scholl S3 XXL. I belive S3 received better scores in both the cutting stage and gloss stage compared to 1.1. All thou the difference was minimal if i recall it correctly.

But of course, depending on paint, machine, experience, tools and all other possible factors, results may vary and then there's also personal preference.

I've got no personal expierence with DK 1.1 but used S3 and S20 alot, which I highly rate. S3/S20 does a great job as one step products using them right.

Edit: Above might sound like i'm bashing on DK. I'm not, I'm sure they are great products and from what i've seen around here it sure looks like they are great products
It's comparable because they can both be used as a 1 step. And I feel it both cuts and finishes down better than s20. I've used both
Old 15-06-2018, 02:50 PM   #10
camerashy
'Detailing Devil'

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,085 Posts
Garage
Interesting thread, thanks Neil
camerashy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to camerashy For This Useful Post:
nbray67 (15-06-2018)