Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 16-07-2017, 10:46 PM   #21
Mikej857
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,059 Times in 682 Posts
Garage
Obsession dynasty or luminous but then again the limited detailing world wax will prove to be excellent on any colour

Other options are OCD nebula another great wax

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Mikej857 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikej857 For This Useful Post:
O.C.D Waxes (20-07-2017)
Old 16-07-2017, 11:01 PM   #22
Big Bri
Washmitt Meister

Im no expert and ive used fairy liquid and just a bucket to wash a car.The only place i ever saw a hosepipe was the local parks rose gardens.Anyway,back then.I thought Lemon fresh did a great job on my car years ago.Trying many different new products is the best part of the ride most times.
I loved Blackfire Midnight sun kit on my red E46 M3,topped with Zainos Z8.Stunning.Ive got photos that almost bring a tear knowing that i cant play with it anymore. Sold .

As soon as i got my grey merc.First thing i reached for,,Blackfire.Looked great when finished,but i couldnt resist trying another Brand or combo.So,I settled,for now, with BMD Sirius dark edition.Car changed coulor almost,Its almost invisible in sunlight at angles, it reflects or catches light or whatever the poly whats its things do do.Nuts,fruit,tropical oils,mango sented,treble refined oils,various chemicals,i dont know whats in it.Its like a dam mirror.Dangerous on a road,it reflects the road so well in daylight.The bonnet becomes the road.I cant say its durability is good or bad.The finish is miles away from Blackfire though.More mirror and less wet.

Its about the ride and the look that pleases you for me.Part of the challenge is finding it and costs are a factor.

BB
Big Bri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 03:52 PM   #23
liav24
Washmitt Meister

Orange Crush is my fav, gives a really deep finish to the red.
liav24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 04:27 PM   #24
aka.eric
Washmitt Meister

You need some of this...according to the seller its
"Specifically designed for Red finishes
The oils and waxes within soothe UV stressed and dull paintwork
Red is one of the most vivid colours in the spectrum. The colour of life and love."

And someone will also sell you a beach front property in Nevada...
aka.eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 11:45 PM   #25
FLUTE
Sponge Jockey

Thanks for all the responses gents, very informative.

Flute.
FLUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 01:02 AM   #26
Bulkhead
Orbital Oracle

Garage
I've been on DW for 10 years and right from the start we had debates on what LSPs for different colour paints. Back then the choice was limited to products from Swissol (now Swissvax), Zym0l, Vic's and Dodo etc. Over the years we have seen an increase in the use of sealants and now coatings, all supposedly bringing something new to the table. Proponents of each product will no doubt tell you there's is the best because they've shelled out a few hundred quid on a tub and want some positive reinforcement of their purchase. Some base a good product on its ease of application, some on longevity. I've yet to use a coating but have used a variety of good waxes, sealants and hybrids. There is very little difference in the finish they leave. My waxes tend to feel a bit grabbier to the touch whereas sealants feel slicker. They have all beaded well. Longevity has been good on all - weather is good here so they don't have to contend with constant rain, road grime etc.

Now, coming from a medical research background, what we need is a gold standard test. A double-blind randomised control trial. We'll need a variety of vehicles of different colours, a team of applicators who do not know the product they are applying and a whole stack of different LSPs. They need to be applied correctly to various areas of each car and, over the next few months, each area needs to be assessed for looks, protection etc. Each product will be identified by a number only and not until the results are in do the products become known. Only then will we get an objective answer to your question. Until then, you just have to sift through the hype and vitriol. The general consensus is that waxes are shiny and have limited longevity, sealants are glassier and last longer and coatings are glassiest and last longest. As for their affect on different colours, the jury is still out.
Bulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bulkhead For This Useful Post:
steelghost (18-07-2017), Taxboy (18-07-2017)
Old 18-07-2017, 10:59 AM   #27
aka.eric
Washmitt Meister

Your right....the detailing world is a fashion industry as much as anything else.When folk are paying £100,s or even £1000,s And convinced that is "the best"(nothing wrong with spending as much as you want) for waxes etc from sellers that will tell you that there are specific products for different manufacturers....probably time to give up on any rational thinking...
"Car wax specifically blended to suit your BMW"
" tailor-made to your specification and your particular Audi"
"a wax solely for use on the Harley Davidson,"
aka.eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 12:00 PM   #28
GleemSpray
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,513 Posts
I wash my car with Fairy Liquid and an old t-shirt, then finish with T-cut, and it looks just as good as any of yours on here, even though its 15 years old..... 😊

Serious tho, the important stuff for me is that cleaning, polish and prep will make the greatest difference - "you can't chrome a turd" and all that. Wax or Sealant then adds a little extra gloss and shine.

That's why AIO products like SRP can make such a visibly dramatic difference to a car which has not been looked after.

From my limited experience, the difference between waxs is there, but its very marginal.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
GleemSpray is offline   Reply With Quote