Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 10-09-2018, 12:23 PM   #1
Andy1972
Washmitt Meister

stripping back to fresh paint

Had a bit of a mare at the weekend. Tried to wash my car and the wifes at the same time and ended up with mine (black paint) going streaky which has left greasy marring that wont seem to come off.

I washed it with BH as a pre clean then AG berry blast over the top, trying to be clever. I think one of them I must have left too long before rinsing as I had vertical streaks of product left on the car. They would rub off but it was just spreading around as it left those funny greasy marring type marks (not in the paint, just surface product), that I couldn't get off.

Im going to just strip the car back to bare paint and start again,, do a full correction while im at it to get rid of some minor swirling.

What product would I use? I have a few pre wax cleaners but im thinking I need to go stronger than that?
Andy1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:29 PM   #2
ENEP
Washmitt Meister

You should be able to get rid of the streaks by doing a pre wash again and following up with something like a 2 bucket wash.

Full correction for minor swirling sounds a bit over the top, a quicky with a DA-polisher and polish should do the trick.
ENEP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:01 PM   #3
iCraig
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Are you going to put a winter LSP on too or are you going to wait a little longer before your winter detail?

I only ask as I’ve just done a detail on my black Ford Focus with Menzerna 3in1, it’s gotten rid of swirls and marring whilst finishing down nicely plus it has sealant in it too!
iCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:13 PM   #4
Andy1972
Washmitt Meister

Thanks guys. Was really wanting to get rid of the funny hazing I see in the sun. It’s not in the paint as it mov s when you try and polish it off. I can only think it’s a product I’ve applied that doesntvsit well with something else. Hence wanting to strip it back and start again.

Will probably try and get another month or two before I go winter lsp
Andy1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:38 PM   #5
Benfr16
PC Perfectionist

Garage
I know the type. Had this issue after BH DSW using when the jar was quite warm, although working in shade.

50% IPA removed the grease but the underlying wax is still fine 2 months on surprisingly, although I’m expecting it to fail at some point.
Benfr16 is offline   Reply With Quote