Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #11
pawlik
Orbital Oracle
 
pawlik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Lithuania, Vilnius
Posts: 597
Thanks: 97
Thanked 147 Times in 120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fentum View Post
+1.

It would take a lot to get me away from Koch H8.02 or the other KC products. So far only Detailing Kingdom stuff has come close.

Peter
Well I'm not big fan of Koch, and don't like finishing polish M 2.01. Maybe F5 is good? Anyway H8.02 os great stuff. Maybe little too oily and have some fillers and... Price...
How about DK finishing polish? Good stuff? Can you compare this to popular products like M205, SF4500, Sonax PF...?
pawlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 12:21 PM   #12
euge07
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
euge07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,174
Thanks: 607
Thanked 310 Times in 241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Detailing kingdom 1.1 is all I use for cutting and enhancement Details
have you used it with buff &shine uro fibre pads or lake country purple wool pads?
euge07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #13
Sawel
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 526
Thanks: 137
Thanked 260 Times in 166 Posts
Anyone tried this yet? I see Scholl have rated this product 6/6 (extreme cut) for cutting capability and 4/6 for gloss. So, a nudge above S3 Gold XXL for cut.

Given that 1kg of S3 Gold XXL is only slightly more expensive than 500g of Shock2Cut, I'm not sure it's really going to be worth it for myself.
Sawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 05:51 PM   #14
chongo
"Professor"
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 7,867
Thanks: 5,941
Thanked 4,821 Times in 2,938 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by euge07 View Post
have you used it with buff &shine uro fibre pads or lake country purple wool pads?
Yes with the Uro pads on hard paint, class finish

And yes with the wool pad great cutting and finish
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 03:07 PM   #15
MBRuss
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
MBRuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 789
Thanks: 135
Thanked 166 Times in 135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawel View Post
Anyone tried this yet? I see Scholl have rated this product 6/6 (extreme cut) for cutting capability and 4/6 for gloss. So, a nudge above S3 Gold XXL for cut.

Given that 1kg of S3 Gold XXL is only slightly more expensive than 500g of Shock2Cut, I'm not sure it's really going to be worth it for myself.
I gave it a go a few weeks back. It seemed OK, but was hard to tell if it actually cut any better than D300 or CarPro Clear Cut.

Anybody have any suggestions of another good strong compound? I don't get a lot of time to detail, so just want a compound that can pull all the scratches out in as few passes as possible. My car is a BMW with "Jatoba Brown" paint (not my choice!). The paint seems to be rock hard, and the car seems to have been washed with sandpaper previously.

The SHOCK2CUT took all the lighter swirls out in the first hit, but there's still a ton of RDS everywhere.
MBRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MBRuss For This Useful Post:
Sawel (30-10-2018)
Old 30-10-2018, 01:51 PM   #16
Sawel
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 526
Thanks: 137
Thanked 260 Times in 166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRuss View Post
I gave it a go a few weeks back. It seemed OK, but was hard to tell if it actually cut any better than D300 or CarPro Clear Cut.

Anybody have any suggestions of another good strong compound? I don't get a lot of time to detail, so just want a compound that can pull all the scratches out in as few passes as possible. My car is a BMW with "Jatoba Brown" paint (not my choice!). The paint seems to be rock hard, and the car seems to have been washed with sandpaper previously.

The SHOCK2CUT took all the lighter swirls out in the first hit, but there's still a ton of RDS everywhere.
I might give it a try out of curiosity.

I think with deep scratches, even with the most aggressive of compounds out there, it will take several attempts to make a worthwhile difference, especially if they're quite deep.
Sawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors