Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Interior & Glass
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Interior & Glass Discuss All your Interior Issue - Dash - Seats and All the Car Glass Areas - Interior Dressing, Leather etc

Old 04-02-2018, 05:26 PM   #1
Kerr1992
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Cleaning down the side of seats...

Hi Folks,

So, after several years of my motorbike being my only form of transport with my partner using the car, I've recently taken the car back after buying her a small ecoboost fiesta.

I'm now the proud driver of a ford ecosport! Not! Hate the thing!

However, the thing is an absolute tip due to being doggy transport too and I would prefer to travel in a nice clean car.

The part I'm struggling with cleaning the most though is under the seats and down the sides. Can anyone advise how to Hoover dog hair out of these areas? It's a bit tricky :-(

Thanks
Craig
Kerr1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:39 PM   #2
steveo3002
Mr Sparkle

Thanked 1,259 Times in 951 Posts
Send a message via MSN to steveo3002
have a look online how to remove the seats , give it a proper clean then and wipe down all the seat frame/brackets
steveo3002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:04 AM   #3
hunky dunky
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr1992 View Post
Hi Folks,

So, after several years of my motorbike being my only form of transport with my partner using the car, I've recently taken the car back after buying her a small ecoboost fiesta.

I'm now the proud driver of a ford ecosport! Not! Hate the thing!

However, the thing is an absolute tip due to being doggy transport too and I would prefer to travel in a nice clean car.

The part I'm struggling with cleaning the most though is under the seats and down the sides. Can anyone advise how to Hoover dog hair out of these areas? It's a bit tricky :-(

Thanks
Craig
with your hoover the smaller the nozzle the higher the velocity, so a narrow end fitting or you can get as flexible rubber one should help, although if its really bad a one off removal of the seats might be best.
hunky dunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #4
felondnb
Washmitt Meister

Garage
For hard to reach places – beside the seat runners, for example – I use a wheel cleaning brush. I had a new one laying around & as they are flexible with a metal core, you can poke them into tight areas & sweep any bits to where you can get to them with a vacuum.

You know, this sort of thing...

felondnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 06:44 PM   #5
Mcpx
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I wouldn’t go to the extreme of removing the seats in a modern car unless it was a real stinky stain and there was no other way. Most seats now have airbags built in and you need to be sure you have isolated them before removal.

Not sure on the EcoSport but on my Focus I can get to most (but not all) of the hidden area just by moving the seat from one extreme to the other, for the rest I use a combination of brushes and switching my vac to blow. You can also get extra long and flexible crevice tools that should help.

If the main problem is just dog hair you could try the sticky stick trick, sounds weird but it’s basically just something sticky, like double sided tape, on the end of a stick, which you then poke into the relevant crevice. I think I need to get out more.
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2018, 07:46 PM   #6
cleslie
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
I have a Bruhl 2800 blower to dry the car and use that to blow everything from under the seats etc into the footwells where the vac can do the rest.
cleslie is offline   Reply With Quote