Detailing World Forum banner

Wax for a red car

5K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  timo10 
#1 ·
Looking for recommendations on a wax that will make my red Kia pro ceed GT look great. Not too expensive and ideally able to obtain a sample if i can so i can try it.

:thumb:

#13 ·
I can't understand for the life of me why people ask this question,wax is wax yes there are differences in there formulation but the wax isn't going to be choosy and say,you can't apply me on a red,blue or a black car because I'm not going to look right,imho there isn't a colour sprcific wax out there unless it's colour charged.

#15 ·
Maybe so. You get waxes for dark cars and light cars instead of colour specific. You also get waxes that are rubbish to apply and remove. Some waxes last longer than others too.

People have preferences to which wax they prefer to use.

I appreciate your input though.

#16 ·
Not disputing that buddy,I have over 50+ waxes in my collection yes they all have different characteristics but non of them are colour specific,No such thing for light or dark cars it's marketing so people buy more product.
As for removal od wax fro the paint surface in todays world os down to incorrect appliction i.e over applied or left on to cure for far too long.
No question of longevity and durability although lots of variables that can determine both like say BOS isn't going to last as long as say Mirage yet there's £100 price differenc between the two.
Now if I had prepared a vehicle O mean 3 stage polishing and applied a wax you couldn't tell me which wax I'd applied unless you were imformed and that;s exactly my point.
For an all rounder you'll not go far wrong with Britemax's Vantage won't break the bank and you'll get 3/4 months out off one application and it's very forgiving easy to apply and a doddle to remove.:thumb:

#18 ·
This is seven or eight coats of R222 Concours Carnauba Wax on 2004 vintage Alfa Rosso paint:

Easy to apply. I think it retails a shade over £30 (I got my pot through the personal sales here to try it out, now a convert). A little goes a very long way and I find it easy to apply and buff off.

Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.