Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing'
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing' Sponsored by Ultimate Finish. Suppliers of high quality detailing products including Swissvax, Gtechniq, Specialised Covers, Dodo Juice, R222, Bilt-Hamber, Meguiars, 3M, Aqua Gleam and more. Loyalty Scheme for returning customers. www.TheUltimateFinish.co.uk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2018, 09:53 PM   #31
Brian1612
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,504
Thanks: 1,836
Thanked 3,113 Times in 2,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdazza View Post
Your definition of wax safe would appear to be at odds with the majority of people on here. Correct me if I am wrong but you appear to say that any shampoo which alters the water behavoiur of the wax is not wax safe?
Dazza I guess wax safe isn't the correct term. They are perfectly safe but are they the logical type of product to use on a well protected car? No.

I would definitely say it's far more suitable to use a pure shampoo on a well prep'd car compared to a wax infused one as to better maintain the properties of your fresh LSP.

I personally only see a use for wax/gloss enhancing shampoos if you are a professional valeter, working on a large amount of vehicles daily and time restraints are an issue. For weekend warriors it makes no logical sense to me to use these type of shampoos as most on here would follow up with some sort of QD for waterspot removal and a gloss boost which is going to produce far greater results.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
fatdazza (06-06-2018), pxr5 (07-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #32
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 474
Thanked 1,739 Times in 1,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Dazza I guess wax safe isn't the correct term. They are perfectly safe but are they the logical type of product to use on a well protected car? No.

I would definitely say it's far more suitable to use a pure shampoo on a well prep'd car compared to a wax infused one as to better maintain the properties of your fresh LSP.

I personally only see a use for wax/gloss enhancing shampoos if you are a professional valeter, working on a large amount of vehicles daily and time restraints are an issue. For weekend warriors it makes no logical sense to me to use these type of shampoos as most on here would follow up with some sort of QD for waterspot removal and a gloss boost which is going to produce far greater results.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
But rather than use a QD and having to "dry the car" I can use a shampoo with gloss enhancers and rise with DI water and leave to dry.
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatdazza For This Useful Post:
cheekymonkey (10-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 10:04 PM   #33
gareth_j
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 79
Thanks: 17
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottRS View Post
Hi guys looking for some ideas for a wax safe car wash, currently looking at AF Lather or Dooka Wash Si?



Any other advice would be greatly appreciated



Thanks


AF lather is decent. They’ve got a sale on some of the fragranced ones at the minute.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gareth_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:10 PM   #34
Brian1612
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,504
Thanks: 1,836
Thanked 3,113 Times in 2,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdazza View Post
But rather than use a QD and having to "dry the car" I can use a shampoo with gloss enhancers and rise with DI water and leave to dry.
Or go one further and do the car with ONR then and you wouldn't have to rinse at all

My point is a wax infused shampoo is going to leave poorer results hydrophobicity wise compared to a quality QD. I am sure there may be a few exceptions to that statement though that are similar to some of these wet application coatings but in general, wax shampoos are usually naff.

That is only my opinion though, I just don't see much use for them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Brian1612; 06-06-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:14 PM   #35
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 3,548
Thanks: 474
Thanked 1,739 Times in 1,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Or go one further and do the car with ONR then and you wouldn't have to rinse at all

My point is a wax infused shampoo is going to leave poorer results hydrophobicity wise compared to a quality LSP. I am sure there may be a few exceptions to that statement though that are similar to some of these wet application coatings but in general, wax shampoos are usually naff.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
ONR is no rinse, not no dry


But I was more concerned with gloss enhancers not wax
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:38 PM   #36
Brian1612
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,504
Thanks: 1,836
Thanked 3,113 Times in 2,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdazza View Post
ONR is no rinse, not no dry


But I was more concerned with gloss enhancers not wax
You don't have to dry the car after wiping over the panel if you use distilled or ionised water with ONR, just let it air dry the same way you suggested. Great for car shows.

Then the QD point still stands in that it will do a better job but I do see you're point. I personally still can't see a use for these type of shampoos and much prefer pure ones with a wipe down afterwards as the results are better.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 11:56 PM   #37
Clean-my-sxi
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Clean-my-sxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Clacton on sea, Essex
Posts: 2,661
Thanks: 41
Thanked 276 Times in 234 Posts
Wolfs white satin, though dont hear much about it now
Clean-my-sxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #38
steeve
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Of all the shampoos I've tried Zymol Clear is by far the best, it's PH neutral and leaves little marking should it dry before removal. Next best is Dodo Juice Born to Be Mild
steeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors